Chapter- 28 Kidnapped

Author's POV

There is only one day left for the trial. Tomorrow is the trial, and Aadhya is feeling uneasy and worried for her family.

She was discussing things about the trial with Vishwanath Ji in her study when Anshu came to the study hurriedly.

"What happened, Anshu? Are you ok?" she asked as she stood up from the chair immediately.

"Don't be stressed about everything, Aadhya. I am okay," Anshu said softly.

"Oh, ok," Aadhya sighed.

"Listen, I am going to the office. There is some work I have to complete," she informed Aadhya.

"Will you be okay?" Aadhya asked nervously.

"Yes, I will be careful." She squeezed Aadhya's hand lightly, assuring her.

"Ok," she replied, and Anshu went out with her bag.

"I don't know why, but I am feeling uneasy and my mind is restless," Aadhya mumbled, looking at Anshu's retrieving figure from the window, who was leaving.

"What, Aadhya ji?" Vishwanath asked.

"Nothing," she replied, engrossed in the discussion again.

.

.

.

Anshu reached the office and started doing her work. She was so engrossed in her work that she didn't even realize the time.

"Oh, it's already 10 p.m.; that's why I am feeling hungry," she mumbled to herself after looking at the clock on the table. "But I still have some work.".

She ordered food from takeout and went to the bathroom to wash her face.

After washing her face, she came back to her cabin. As it is already night, there is no one on her floor.

She decided to work until food arrived, and she immersed herself in her work again.

After some time, she felt that someone was observing her. 

"Is there anyone?" she asked, but no reply came.

She shrugged it off, thinking she was just imagining things, and opened her file again.

This time she strongly sensed someone's presence, and she heard some noise as well.

"Is anyone there? Just come out," she roared bravely. Her tension increased when she heard noise again, and then she heard footsteps nearing her. She was about to press the button on her watch, which Aadhya gave her, but a familiar voice stopped her.

"Not so soon, my dear," she heard a deep voice coming behind.

Before she turned around to see, her watch was taken away by the person who came out from the curtains, and an injection was pierced in her neck, which made her dizzy immediately.

"It's you!" She mumbled in disbelief and passed out.

...

"Dad, I think something is wrong; its already 10 p.m., but she hasn't returned yet," Aadhya remarked tensely.

"You are fearing for nothing, Aadhya. She already said she would be late and messaged me half an hour ago that she ordered takeout to eat," Krishna said to lessen her tension, but he himself was tensing like a hell.

"But why is she not picking up my phone?" she asked.

"I think she put her phone in silent mode," Krishna commented.

"Ok, I will call security," Aadhya exclaimed, calling security guards.

"She is inside, madam," Security informed her, as they neither saw Anshu leaving the office nor the person who kidnapped her, as that person took great care to not be caught by Security.

"Ok."  Aadhya sighed in relief, thinking that Anshu was safe, but her heart was saying something else.

It's already 12 p.m., and Anshu didn't reach home. Aadhya's tension and her uneasiness are increasing with each passing second. She was unable to concentrate on anything; the only thought in her brain was about Anshu's safety.

"Dad, I will go to the office to check on her," Aadhya said, growing restless.

"I will come with you," Krishna replied immediately.

"No, dad, I will go; you take care of Rose," she commented.

"But--"

"Rose needs someone; I can't leave her alone, dad," she interrupted him.

"Ok, but keep updating me," he sighed in defeat, not being able to argue with her as she was also correct.

She entered Rose's room. Rose is sleeping peacefully, holding her stuffed kitty. Without disturbing her, she kissed her forehead.

"Take care, Rose. You have to be careful even if I am not with you," she said, caressing her hair and kissing her forehead again before stomping out of the room.

"Take care, dad," she said and climbed into the car.

"Be careful," her father replied.

"Drive to the office," she said to Dhamu, and he nodded firmly.

After half an hour of driving, they reached the office, and she hurried to Anshu's floor. She checked her cabin, but Anshu was not there. She checked the washroom and the remaining cabins too, but Anshu was not there either. With trembling feet, she went to Anshu's cabin again to check for any clues.

She found her file and a syringe on the floor. Other than that, there were not any suspicious things. By now, she understood what had happened to Anshu.

"This is all my fault." She was crying hard while sitting on the floor, blaming her again and again.

After 10 minutes, she calmed down, as it's not the time to be emotional; she still has to save Anshu and protect Rose and her father.

She started searching for Anshu, driving from one place to another to find any suspicious cars or events, but as always, luck wasn't on her side.

"Drive to the other end, Dhamu," she said to Dhamu, who was driving.

Krishna is calling her continuously to find out about her and Anshu, but what can she tell him? She doesn't want to make him worry, so she lied to him.

"Yes, dad, she is with me, and we are working," Aadhya said, acting normal.

"You two always think about work; sometimes try to think about yourselves too," he replied, taking a sigh of relief, and that made her cry more, and she broke into silent cries.

She roamed the whole city for Anshu like a madwoman but couldn't find her whereabouts. She wanted to make a police complaint, but she found a sticky note on the table in Anshu's cabin on which there was a note: "Wait for our call; don't even try to contact police. If you do so, then forget about your dear sister, friend or whatever."

As she was thinking, her phone rang.

💜💜