Bonus chapter

Aadhya's POV

After two years,.

"Come on, Rose!" I shouted her name to encourage her as she was participating in a running race at her school.

"You can do it, Rose," dad chanted loudly.

Now she is in second place and nearing to first. Actually, I am okay even if she loses, but she is not okay with that.

She is growing up with so much confidence and maturity. She always wants to be perfect in everything she does and she doesn't want anything other than success or a win.

She suppressed the first kid too, and now she was only a few inches away from the finish line. I am watching it carefully.

"Ahh..." Dad roared loudly when she crossed the finish line.

"Dad, calm down," I said, rubbing my ears as he roared beside my ear.

"How can I be calm when my angel won the race?" he roared excitedly and opened his arms for Rose, who was coming running towards us, but she hugged me instead of him.

I laughed after looking at his pouty face. I kissed her forehead and cheeks to congratulate her.

"You don't love me anymore," Dad exclaimed, looking at her with a sad face like a kid.

"No, darling, I just wanted to hug you long," she said, hugging him.

"You both," I murmured.

We came home after getting her prize. Rose put her prize in front of Anshu's photo in the living room.

"Mom, today I won 1st prize in a running race,"  she said to her photo.

.

.

.

"Mamma, am I not a special kid anymore?" Rose asked, sitting on my lap.

I looked at my dad, asking if he knew anything, but he nodded negatively.

"Why are you asking this, Rose?" I questioned her instead of answering her.

"Anshu mom told me that I am a special kid; that's why I have two moms', but now I only have you," she explained, making me regret every decision.

"No, Rose, you are always special to us," I said, caressing her hair.

She suddenly stood up from my lap, went to her grandpa, and sat beside him on the couch.

"Grandpa, I won first prize, right?" she asked.

"Yes, my princess," he replied.

"Then don't I deserve a present from Mumma?" she asked.

"Of course, you deserve a present, dear. And Aadhya, give her what she asks," he ordered me.

"Ok dad."
"Now, tell me, Rose, what do you want?" I asked her with a smile.

"Mamma, I want to be an ordinary kid," she stated.

"What do you mean, angel?" I asked confusedly.

"I want dad," she declared, making my eyes go wide.

"Rose, as you already know, your dad was dead," I replied.

Yeah, I told her that her father died, but I didn't tell her that I killed him.

"I am not talking about him, mom," she replied seriously.

"If you are talking about my ex-husband, Vikram,. Then forget about it; I am not going to accept  him," I commented.

"No, Mamma, why would we talk about that abuser?" she replied. She knows a lot more than she should, thanks to my dad. She is very mature at the age of six.

"Then whom are you talking about?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I want you to marry again," she stated.

What is she even talking about? I know it must be dad who taught her this because only he asks me to start a new life.

"Don't look at him like that, Mumma. He doesn't tell me  anything," Rose remarked when I was glaring at dad

"Then who told you?" I asked.

"No one; it was my idea. True mom, I am not a child anymore, so I know  everything," she said like an adult.

"So, I want you to marry."

"Will you?"

.

.

.

It's a new beginning ❤

Wait for book 2 of Aadhya 😇

Follow me for more story updates

Signing off

Yours
-Shivani💜