Chapter- 8 The truth

Diya, aka Aadhya's POV

I called a few of Vikram's friends and found his whereabouts, as he didn't come home after our argument.

I called his friend's number, talked to Vikram, and asked him to come, but he didn't say anything.

I waited for him till 9 p.m., but he didn't come home, so, given the idea of waiting for him, I decided to go and visit him. I still have to tell him about my pregnancy. I am sure he will be happy after knowing that he is going to become a father.

Wait, my baby, I will tell your father about you. I mumble, caressing my belly. I love children; they are pure souls. Now, I can't wait to hold my baby. I will raise her the way she/he deserves. I will become the best mom for him or her.

I have to do shopping for my baby and for me too, as my dresses won't fit me in a few days.

With the thought of informing my husband about my pregnancy, I went to the address that his friend gave me.

All the while, the cab driver was looking at me weirdly, but I ignored him as I was facing these looks from the day I was raped. But I don't want to sit in a corner of my home, crying. If I haven't done anything wrong, then why do I have to be shameful and hide?

I walked down the street, which doesn't have any lights, and reached an alley. I then walked through the alley and found another small alley.

"Vikram,"  I called him when I spotted him entering that small alley.

"Why are you here?" he asked with a clenched jaw.

"I wanted to see you; why are you not coming home?" I questioned him.

"Get lost from here, Diya. I really don't want to see  you," he roared.

"Vikram,"  I cried.

"Get lost from here, whore,"  he hissed.

"Whore?"  I mumbled. "When did I become a whore?"  I roared this time.

"Don't shout and do you think I don't know about you", he shouted.

"He raped me then how I become a whore?", I growled.

"Don't start drama here, just tell me your purpose of coming here", he scowled.

"Vikram, I am pregnant", I murmured.

"So", he asked without any reaction.

"Aren't you happy", I asked with tears.

"First of all tell me whose baby is this. Bitch, do you even know who is his father", he muttered making my eyes go wide. What is he thinking, that I am sleeping around with all the men? How can he even say this?

"Vikram", I yelled and he slapped me taking me off guard. Due to the force, I landed on the ground with a thud and my hands reached to my belly automatically to protect my baby.

"How can you think this cheap, Vikram", I cried.

"Because I found about all your dirty deeds", he said spitting venom.

"Vikram, this is our baby", I said helplessly but he slapped me again saying "see this" he handed me the phone.

The video which he shown, made me shock. My heartbeat fastened and goosebumps erupted on my whole body. I saw the whole video with trembling hands.

"Vikram, I don't know who did this", I said immediately and stood up from the ground.

"Yeah, you don't even know who is taking your video naked", he said sarcastically.