14

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙_____________________________

"Where is he taking you?" My mom asked me. I shrugged and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. "He won't tell me." I answered her. "Well, you look pretty~ like a model baby~" She gassed me up.

A smile started to spread across my face "Thank you, mommy~" I finished doing my hair. "Girl let me tell you about yo auntie," She started to get into gossip mode "You know she just got 5,000 dollars and ain't give yo grandma a dime." She sat on my bed. My eyes widened and I looked at her "You playin."

"Girl, not a dime, and she still hasn't helped yo grandma with the rent." She shook her head "But she be the first one to have her hand out." She continued. "So she living rent-free? Wait where did she even get the money from?" I questioned.

"Oh! Now you bout to be surprised... she got it from Charles." Her voice got quiet at the end. I gasped "Charles? The crackhead? How did he even get 5,000 dollars?"

"You know he be breaking into cars for people." She answered me. "But I thought she said she didn't like him." I looked back in the mirror and started to put on lip gloss. "She don't! She using him for the money."

Damn this shit is crazy as fuck. "Is she sleeping with him?" I asked her. "Guess why he gave her the money." She egged me on. "Why..?" This about to be messy. "Cause she pregnant." My mom stood up and left my room just to come right back.

"What?! Pregnant?! By Charles?! At her big age...? I thought she was too old to have babies." Okay, this shit is messy. "Yup, two months." She showed me the text messages. "Oh my god... that... oh my god." I read the messages before my phone went off.

"Oh, I think that's Kay." I picked it up and answered the Facetime. "Can you beep me in?" He asked me. "Why I can just come-" My mom cut me off. "Okay, sweetie." She went to beep me in. "Alright, I'm about to be up in a second." He told me before hanging up.