15

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙_____________________________

"The whole day was just... perfect~" I laid back in my bed. "He got all your favorite food, your favorite flowers, and took you on a date that you always wanted to go on? Girl take that man back~" Faith said to me. "Let me show you something." I facetimed her.

It looked like she was just finishing her makeup "What?" I just showed her my wrist, no words were needed. "Bitch~ is that a Cuban?" Her eyes widened. I nodded "Pink diamonds baby, he iced me out." I bragged. "If you don't take him back right now, shit I might do it for you." She said to me. I laughed "One act of kindness is not going to get me back... but it is nice~"

"Oh, girl I have to go." She started to get up. "Where are you going?" I watched her stuff clothes in her bag. "With Treyvon~" Who? Girl what the fuck. "Who da fuck is Treyvon?" I asked her.

She started to smile "He's my best friend~" She said to me. "Faith come on now." Her cheating shit is starting to get on my nerves. "I'm just havin' fun~ plus Dougie won't know." She insisted.

"But don't you think that's wrong..? Does Dougie even know?" I questioned. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him." She finished packing her bag "Girl I have to go, I'll talk to you later." She hung up. I sighed shaking my head, this shit was starting to get out of hand.

The next morning I was up getting ready for school when I got a call

The next morning I was up getting ready for school when I got a call. "Hello?" I answered without looking at the Caller ID. "I'm outside." I heard Kay's voice. "Why?" I asked him. "I'm about to take you to school." He responded. "Oh... okay, I'll be down in a few minutes." I hung up the phone.

When I was done getting ready I left my bedroom. "I'm leaving for school." I poked my head into my parent's room. My mom was in bed on her phone and my dad hadn't made it back from work yet. "Okay, baby... see you later, love you~" She blew a kiss to me. I smiled at her "Love you too" I told her before leaving.

 I smiled at her "Love you too" I told her before leaving

Once I got in the car he handed me a breakfast sandwich. "Thank you." I started to eat my sandwich. "I got you that coffee you like too." He nodded towards his cup holders before pulling off. "Caramel swirl?" I asked. "Mhm~" He drove. I smiled and picked up my drink.

"What got you up so early?" I sipped on my coffee. "I woke up to take you to school." He responded. That's why he looks so tired. "Aww~ thank you, Kevin~" I bit into my sandwich. "Kevin? Why you callin' me by my government?" He smacked his lips. "Because it's a cute name, Mr. Flock." I looked over at him.

He looked at me amused. "You in a good mood today, Mrs. Flock." I made him look back at the road. I guess I am in a good mood. I shook my head "It's Mrs. Durkio~" I teased him. "Nigga what?" He looked at me again.

"All those songs he be writing are about me~" I balled up the wrapper after I finished my sandwich. "Well, Nicki my wifey~" He said to me. "Nicki Minaj?" I asked him. He nodded "What was that one song? Uhh... Pull up in da Sri Lanka." He said with full confidence. "You heard that from TikTok didn't you?" I laughed at him. He looked at me and nodded "What's funny?"

I just laughed more "Baby we can't let you go out like this~" I had to give him a lesson. "Now listen to this, with a bad bitch that came from Sri Lanka, repeat after me, with a bad bitch that came from Sri Lanka." I enunciated.

"With a bad bitch that came from Sri Lanka." He repeated. I shook my head "No no no." He didn't sound enthusiastic enough. "You not doin' it right, you gotta be sassy wit it. With a bad bitch that came from Sri Lanka!" I said adding extra oomph to it.

"Okay okay, With a bad bitch that came from Sri Lanka." He rolled his neck and snapped his finger. "Yes~ see now you a real rapper." I hyped him up. He laughed "Aye~ got the stamp of approval."

When we pulled out to the school I started to get out. "Where my kiss Ma?" He stopped me. I rolled my eyes and leaned in kissing his cheek. "Thank you for the ride, Kevin~" I said to him before getting out.

I looked back at him to see him cheesin'. Kissing him on the cheek can make him do that? "Imma pick you up later." He said to me. I smiled back and nodded "See you later." I closed his car door and then started walking up to the school.

" I closed his car door and then started walking up to the school

In the hallways, it didn't take too long for Faith to find me. "Boy we had a time last night~ We had a time last night~" She was hanging onto my shoulder. "Did you?" I looked at her disgusted. She nodded "Had me a good time."

We stopped at her locker. Faith put a few books up and then closed it. "Did you walk here alone?" She asked me. I shook my head "I got a ride from Kay." I told her as we started to walk to my locker. "Oh, y'all good now?" She looked at me. I nodded "We still not together let but he gettin' on my good side." I put some of my books up.

"Did you study for that finance test?" I asked her. She shook her head "Didn't read a single word on that paper." Of course not. "Did you?" She asked as we started walking towards my class. I nodded "Duh~ my parents are still on my ass about school." I waved at a few friends in the hallway before passing them, I need to start being around more people.

"Well, imma see you in 3rd hour... hopefully I don't fail." Faith said to me once we reached my class. "Yeah, see you later." I walked into my class leaving her out in the hallway.

-J