26

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
____________________________

Another few months passed with me living with Kay and everything had been perfect

Another few months passed with me living with Kay and everything had been perfect. Not a thing was out of place. We spent a bunch of time together, I had him out of the streets and in the studio more, and he catered to me so I catered to him.

"Who you textin?" He looked over my shoulder. "I'm not textin' nobody... I'm going through my emails, somebody tryna get me to promote some hair." I looked up at him. "Oh, Ion know what dat mean." Kay pecked my lips "I'm bout to go out wit da guys."

"Where y'all goin? And who you gon' be with?" I asked him, I had the habit of doing that nowadays. It's not because I didn't trust him, I just didn't trust all of his guys. "Dougie, Setty, Buddy, and Blu... and we goin' to the studio." He said to me. People that I trust, "Okay, yo dinner gon be in the oven then." I looked back down at my phone.

He put on his ski mask "Imma see you later, I love you, Amari." He said to me before leaving out. I wonder when he gon' get tired of saying that. I got used to hearing it and even though I was starting to feel the same way, I wasn't ready to say it back.

As soon as I started reading the email again Faith started to facetime me. Should I answer? I stared at my phone screen before sighing and answering "Hello?" I scrolled through my emails.

"Hey pretty girl~ I was just calling so I would know Dougie ain't lyin' bout goin' to the studio." Did I mention that they got back together? Cause they got back together.

I nodded "Yeah they goin' to the studio... what you doin?" I asked her. "Missing work from school... it feels like it never stops~" She whined. "That's because you don't be doin' shit when it's supposed to be done." I said to her.

She smacked her lips. "So I got an appointment to go see a seamstress tomorrow." I smiled at her. "I thought you already went to one?" She asked me. I shrugged "I did... but I wanted to talk to some more before I decide on one, anyway I looked at her work and everything... I think she my favorite... plus she was the last one on the list." I told her. "Girl I ain't even start looking for a dress yet."