28

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
____________________________

"Nigga, Dougie my brother, I'm taking that risk, like, fuck it, let's go take a trip

"Nigga, Dougie my brother, I'm taking that risk, like, fuck it, let's go take a trip. Yo, Dougz, you spin, I spin, you throw five, I throw ten. We spinning around like we did it again, like, fuck it, we up at his friend. Like bitch I'm MBK, so I throw up the trend." I started dancing in my seat a little "Aye~" Faith moved her phone closer to me.

"Two flocks, two chop's we gon hop out again. Like fuck that, walk up on his friend, like, huh, we gon', like. Why the fuck niggas smoke on my opps like, they do not rap what they live? He tried to run but I clicked on his mans, like, hold on, I really rap what I did. Nadi gon flock, he don't need rubber bands, like, what you think he gon do for the sig? Hollows start spitting, shit hit through his rib, like, don't get caught up in traffic again!" Faith and I screamed together. "Where we goin? We spinnin da block~" Faith said to her phone.

Like always she was on live. "Girl what? Y'all we goin to get our nails done." I rolled my eyes and focused back on the road. "Den we spinnin da opps block~ we gon' kill all y'all niggas!" Faith laughed. I just shook my head, I ain't killin' nobody.

"Like I said, we gettin' our nails done." I parked my car. "We here y'all, I'm bout to go." She said before ending the live. "Girl why you always playin? If you get shot it's yo fault." I grabbed my purse before getting out of the car. Faith got out too and went inside the salon with me. "They kno better, I'll boom those niggas." She signed our names down.

Once she was done she sat with me "With what gun?" I rolled my eyes at her. "The one under my bed." Faith whispered to me. "You got a gun under yo bed?" I whispered back. "Dougie needed me to hold it." That makes sense. "Kay had me do that once..." I said to her. And that's when it hit me... that gun still behind my headboard.

"Oh shit... I gotta go." I stood up and started to leave. "What? Amari where you going?" Faith asked me. "I'll be back to pick you up." I left the salon and started driving to my parent's house.

" I left the salon and started driving to my parent's house

I got there faster than usual, thanks to speeding. I still had my keys so it wasn't hard getting into the building or the apartment. "Anybody home..?" I called out, no response. Good, I'd rather not have to explain why I'm here. I went straight to my room, well my old room, and started looking for the gun.

At first, I reached for the gun, but nothing was there. What the fuck? I reached again only to come up with nothing again. Where is the gun? I thought to myself. Oh my fucking god, it better be back here. I pulled my bed forward then went back to the headboard to find the gun, nothing.

I started to look around the room "Maybe I put it somewhere else..." I started looking in my closet. "Looking for this?" My dad sat the purple towel down on my bed. I screamed a little and turned around "How long have you been here?" I asked him. "Is that what you're here for?" He nodded towards my bed.

I walked over to the bed and unwrapped the gun "Yeah..." I wrapped it again. "It's Kevin's, right? I'm going to send that boy to jail and you're going to be a witness." He grabbed my arm. I pulled away from him "You not sending nobody to jail." I started to walk out of my room.

"Yes, I am. I'm going to take you up to the station and you're going to give a testimony." He grabbed me again. "I'm not doin' shit." I pushed him off of me "Stop grabbing up on me." I warned him. "Amari, this is the last time I'm going to tell you-" I cut him off "It's my gun, if you gon' lock somebody up then it needs to be me." The lie came out so naturally that I almost believed it.

"Don't lie." He said to me. "I ain't got no reason to lie, take me to the station... but you not gon get the outcome you want from it." He got quiet for a second before shaking his head. "Where did I go wrong with you?" The pure disappointment was all I could hear. I wrapped the gun back up in the towel before going to the kitchen and grabbing a bag "Does mom know?" I asked him.

He shook his head "I couldn't bring myself to tell her." He sounded exhausted. I put the towel in the bag "Let's keep it that way." I said to him before leaving the apartment.

The look of disappointment on his face never left my head, it made the ride back home feel longer than usual

The look of disappointment on his face never left my head, it made the ride back home feel longer than usual. "Kay?" I called out when I got inside. "I'm in our room!" I heard him respond to me. I set the bag on the table before going into the room. "I caught up to you on Empire, Anika a bitch... how you gon' kill Rhonda?" He said to me.

As soon as I saw him, tears started pouring out. "What's wrong, Ma?" He paused the tv and pulled me over to him. "I... I had to go back home to get the gun, but my dad found it and-" He cut me off "Shh~ it's okay" He hugged me. I hugged back "I got it back for you... but I don't think my daddy ever gon' look at me da same." I hugged back. He shook his head "You still his daughter, baby." He sat on the bed and pulled me onto his lap.

"Look at me, Amari." I felt Kay's hand grab my chin as he made me look at him. "I promise... once this music shit really pops off, I'm leavin' all that shit behind... you ain't gon have to worry bout none of this no more." He wiped my face. "You promise..?" I asked him. Kay nodded "I promise... imma buy yo parents a house too... hopefully that's enough to make yo dad stop hatin' me." He smiled.

I laughed a little "You gon' need to buy them ten houses fo him to like you." I said to him. "Then imma buy them ten... anything to make you happy." He kissed my hand "You want me to run you a bath? I can order you some Indian food too." He offered. I nodded "That sounds good." I agreed before Kay sat me next to him and got up. "Just wait right here." He went to the bathroom. I chose the right boy to get kicked out for.

-J