70

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
____________________________

"Kay I'm telling you that you have to be home next Friday, we have to go look at a house

"Kay I'm telling you that you have to be home next Friday, we have to go look at a house." I was scrolling through Instagram when I came up on Dougie's post. Weeks passed with the two boys not reaching out to apologize to each other. Kay looked over at my phone before muttering something about a 'weak ass nigga'.

"How long are y'all going to do this?" I asked him before grabbing some clothes for my bath. "Forever, we not cool at all." Kay laid on our bed trying to catch up with me on Euphoria. I rolled my eyes a bit "Whatever you say." I closed the bathroom door before getting in my bath. I was only in my bath for a few minutes before Kay came in the bathroom "You still talkin' ta dude?" He had my phone in his hand. I knew I should've brought my phone with me.

"Huh?" I looked up at him. "Huh? You still talkin' ta dude?" He asked me again. "Ion kno who 'dude' is." I said back to him. "Dougie, you still talkin' to him?" I could see him trying to put my password in. Yeah "No." I lied straight through my teeth. "Then why he textin' yo phone?" More and more questions. I shrugged "Ion kno."

"Unlock yo phone." Kay handed the phone to me. Damn "Why?" I didn't take the phone. "Cause I'm tryna see something." He tried to hand it to me again. "My hands wet-" I started to say before he smacked his lips and put the phone in front of my face. As soon as the phone unlocked he left the bathroom. "Kevin." I stood up and got out of the bath.

I grabbed a towel and followed him. "Why you ain't stay in da tub?" Kay left our bedroom while scrolling through the phone. "Cause what are you doing-" Kay cut me off "You still talkin' to his bitchass." He stopped walking and turned to me. "Kay... dats still Naomi's godfather and she be missing him." I tried to reason with him. Kevin just kept reading the messages before he looked at me "You took my daughter to go see him? And don't lie ta me 'cause I already read it" He asked me. "Then why did you just ask?" I tried to reach for my phone. "Oh alright." He started walking back to our room. "Can I get my phone back?" I asked him.