46

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙____________________________

"Kay you need to calm down... ain't nothing happen to me... he ain't even say nothin' to me..." I was sitting on the couch and rubbing my forehead. Kay paced around the room "Nah... he think shit sweet right?" I just rolled my eyes and looked at Dougie. He shrugged in return.

"Fuck dat, we gotta go do somethin' now." Kay went to grab his gun. "Now? Kevin-" He cut me off "Look I ain't tryna hear dat shit, if you wanna complain call yo momma." He put his gun in his belt. "I just... I have a bad feeling... can you just stay..? Please." I grabbed his arm.

Kay looked down at me "You ain't got nothin' to worry bout." He pulled his arm away from me and left the room. I followed him "It really wasn't that serious... even Dougie said he wasn't really on shit." I looked at Dougie to back me up.

"Yeah... he was just recordin'... ion think he was gon' do shit." Dougie shrugged. I mouthed a 'Thank you' to him before looking back at Kay "So can you calm down..?" I asked him. Kay was quiet for a second before nodding "Yeah..." He sat on the couch.

It only took a day to change Kay's mind

It only took a day to change Kay's mind. People started reacting to the video and starting dumb rumors. "Yo bitch is fuckin' yo mans~ and dey not even tryna hide it." Kay was currently on live with some rapping nigga.

"Don't talk on ha, I kno who she fuckin' on." Kay was a lot calmer than usual. "Y'all jokes. DThang took one of ya nigga's bitches, Ya mans is fuckin' ya bitch, Cheddar Blu shot himself." The boy yelled into the phone.

"Bro yo sister got shot and you ain't do shit about it! You got shot by a dyke nigga! Stop playin' wit me nigga 'cause I would really come over there and give you a wedgie" Kay yelled back. Oh, so it's Sha Ek. I got out off the couch and went to the kitchen.

"Is that ya bitch in da back? Tell her I need my dick bounced on too." I know he ain't talkin' bout me. "What?" Just slipped out of my mouth. "Nigga you gon' die." Kay got off the live and stood up. "What you doin?" I watched him go into our room. "You kno what I'm doin."

"Kay don't go, you know they just tryna get you mad." I knew that what I was saying wasn't going to stop him, but who could blame me for trying? "I don't care." He came out of the room "Imma see you later." He kissed my cheek before leaving the apartment. I looked around and sighed, alone again... streets: 10, Amari: 2.

I waited all night for him to come back, but the front door never opened

I waited all night for him to come back, but the front door never opened. "Bruh where you at? It's the next morning... call me back Kevin." I sat the phone down after leaving another voicemail. His dumbass stressing me out. I turned on the tv and flipped through the channels, I need to get my mind off of him.

"Teen found dead in Harlem, security footage shows the shooter..." It felt like I went deaf after hearing what the reporter said. I grabbed my phone and called Kay's mom. "Hello?" She answered after the first ring. "Is Kay there with you? He never made it back home last night." I asked her. "Yeah, he's in his room asleep."

Well, at least I know he's not dead. "I'm about to come over." I said to her before hanging up. I hurried up and got dressed before leaving the apartment, and made my way to hers.

"Hey, momma." I was pulled into a hug as soon as she opened the door. "You okay? You got here in a hurry." She asked me as she pulled away. "No... I... I need to talk to Kevin." I took off my shoes. "Well, he's in his room asleep." She said to me. I nodded and went down the hallway, I opened the door seeing him was in bed asleep.

"Kevin." I walked over to him. Kay didn't budge. I started to shake him "Kevin." I repeated his name. "What~" He groaned and turned over. "Where did you do it?" I asked him. "What you talkin' bout?" He looked at me. "Was it in Harlem?" I sat next to him.

Kay sat up "Yeah... why?" He rubbed his eyes. "Cause they got you on video..." I sighed and covered my face. "They did? Well, I was wearin' a mask." He shrugged. "Kevin... what grade were you in when you stopped paying attention to the teacher?" I looked at him.

"What?" He looked at me confused. "Cause you're stupid! A big dummy! You did that shit broad day you fuckin' idiot." I couldn't control it, he was really starting to piss me off with this bullshit. "Yo why you talkin' crazy?" He started to shake his head. "Why you shakin' yo head? I should be da one shakin' my head, you fuckin' dummy."

"You trippin..." He laid back down. "I'm about to go back home..." I stood up. "Give me a minute, imma follow yo car." He got out of bed too. "No, Kevin... I'm going home, back to my parents." I started to leave the room.

Kay grabbed my arm "You tryna leave me?" He asked me. "I'm trying to get a break from you and yo bullshit." I tried to pull my arm away. "Nah~ we ain't takin' no break~ I know you mad but I did it fo you~" He wrapped his arm around my waist and started to pick me up.

"Kevin put me down..." I just let him pick me up. "Damn... you dat mad? I'm sorry... but like I said, I did it fo you." He still wouldn't let me down. "No, you did it for yourself." I got down "You need to go get a lawyer..." I left the room.

"Everything okay with y'all?" His mom asked me as soon as I made it to the living room. "Yeah we good, Ma." I hugged her. "Tell Brebre that Imma come pick her up this weekend." I said to her and started putting my shoes back on. "She been beggin' me to let her come over so she gon' be happy." She smiled at me. I smiled back at her "Imma see you later Momma." I said to her before leaving.

-J