22

_____________________________

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙
____________________________

As soon as I unlocked the door to the apartment I was berated by both of my parents

As soon as I unlocked the door to the apartment I was berated by both of my parents. "Where have you been?" My father asked me. "I was at the hospital." I responded going straight to my room. "What?! Are you okay?" My mom started checking all over my body. I pulled away from her "I'm fine... my friend got shot." I sat on my bed.

"Who? Oh my god, are they okay?" My mom sat next to me. I nodded "He's fine, you don't know him... he's one of Kay's friends, Ma..." I laid back. "One of Kevin's friends? I knew he was a bad influence, I don't want you around hi-" My dad was about to start with his shenanigans and I really didn't want to hear it "This don't got nothin' to do with Kay, you just want a reason to not like him."

"This had everything to do with him, ever since you've been with him you've been in these situations." I could tell that my dad was starting to get upset, but at this point, I didn't care. "Again it's not because of him, even if it was I just told you my friend got shot and you tryna turn this into a lecture." I said back getting equally as upset as him.

"I looked at Kevin's criminal record and I saw multiple offenses-" I cut him off "You what? Why would you do something like that?" I sat up. Cut that, I'm madder than him. "Because I wanted to see who my daughter was running around with and I don't want you with him anymore."

"Well, that's way too bad for you because you don't get to control who I get with." I looked up at him. "Baby you don't understand... we just want what's best for you." My mom grabbed my hand. I looked over at her "You knew about this?" I asked her, what is that feeling when you're angry and betrayed? Because I'm feeling that.

"We just wanted to know who you were really with Amari-" I moved away from her. "I told you who I was with, I wasn't expecting you to do a deep dive on him." They don't have any respect for my privacy. "Well we did... we don't want you with him anymore Amari." My dad said to me again. "Like I said, you don't control who I get with." I shrugged. "As long as you livin' in my house, I do control who you get with." He responded.