Chapter 2: Part 2

Something is odd.

It has been half an hour and Kurt hasn't come back. Elise already fell asleep by my side, and Lucas is nowhere to be seen.

I could almost feel bile starting to form on my throat, so I step out at utmost too quickly for my head to spin. I tried to reach for something out of reflex but the ends of my fingers are nothing but lone air. My grasp has nothing to reach.

But instead of the hard ground, my head hit another.

"Oh! I am sorry" Helen's voice croak out, for a moment I experienced a mini heart attack when I saw her bloody head. As if reading my mind, she answered "It's juice, sorry" she left out an awkward chuckle, she reaches to wipe her face in a hasty manner that the towel fell off to the dirty ground.

When she got it up, she spluttered up to an awkward degree "Sorry ha-ha".

She's always been like this. One who apologizes even with no fault, as if a prey attracting its predator. Of course, these are up to the terrible customary of this world that no predator exists without its victims "It was my fault, I should apologize instead" I said.

"Uhm yeah, yeah sorr-" She yelped.

But just like my opinion on her whole being, my throat comes irritated. I left for the bathroom, though as she is, she annoyingly followed.

My shoulder collided with Eron on the way. I just muttered a little sorry, then run along just in time to reach the sink.

I throw up vigorously, even when I felt my stomach in an empty state my throat still won't close up. As I was doing my business, Helen panicked. Once, she was scurrying for something in the background, and now, she is rolling up toilet papers and sanitizer right on my side.

"What should I do! What should I do!" she uttered profusely while grabbing a broom and another toilet paper.

For the last time, the barf halted. My throat irritated such as of a tree's rough scaled skin. My insides still burning.

I took a glance at my reflection on the wide clean mirror plastered just above the sink. I had intended to look at myself. To search for signs of flu or any indication of sickness on my face. To look at me... Just me. That's all but, I hope to undo such action.

A loud, ear-piercing bang resounded across the comfort room. I hope it was only me that heard it. May it be that everyone became deaf to the hideous sound.

I quickly rush over. Blood oozing out of her head. It was quick, too quick. Liquid crimson flooded over the hard pavement. Her movement stopped. I check for her pulse on her neck, on her heart, and even her wrist, but nothing. The many strings which are attached from the flow of my previous life slowly tears, one snaps and others halt. All in my head, to the present it dawned.

NONE of this is my fault. I took the toilet papers on her hand, then held them against the crack of her head, hoping to make a difference.

But LIES. Lies. It was all to convince myself when in reality, it's to stop the bleeding from staining the floor any further. More blood, harder to clean. No one saw my innocence, blaming me to a murder I didn't do is an easy feat at this point.

I'll hide them, everything! For in this life, my innocence should never sway.

Winter West High

Grade: 12

Class: 1-A

Remaining: 29