Chapter 43

"Mic test.... Mic test"

"I keep breaking off dont I? I should get this fix."

"Mic test... Mic test."

"Do the kids hear me?"

"Hello? Kill yourself if you hear me."

"............................"

"Well, that didn't work."

"Are you sure this is working? The other groups are already in, theres no time for any delays- oh look, this one's really trying to kill himself. I guess they do hear me."

"Eherm.."

"Im informing you that to make this game better we're to let more kids in. The more the merrier, right? This new group are a bunch of new faces to you so you wont be needing those guilt. Though I have to add another rule: the ones with most kill are free to go."

"The new group have exactly 20 people. They do have trackers on but they dont have access to anything including to me. Basically, you got the advantage."

"Unfortunately, because of technical delays the group is already inside hunting for you."

"Do everything you can to survive."

"And may you graduate as a whole."

The voice ended, not letting any questions go through.

I try to discreetly shift my weight onto the other leg fearing that the creek of my sneakers will announce our arrival.

The top floor is built like a penthouse. There's two bedrooms, a kitchen, bathrooms, and a living room which is abnormally cladded with monitors. However, with no electricity everything is useless.

Kurt's leather shoes is like metal against the marbled floor. It echoes throughout its emptiness.

Everywhere I look shines. Its as if a commercial home designed for a walkthrough. Though a decent amount of dust sprinkles around, but its unusually organized.

Everyone was in on it. We're no more than guinea pigs for this experiment. The teachers, the guards, the staffs, everyone lied to our faces pretending to be good adults. Pretending to teach us when in reality everything is useless once we show up dead.

They could've taught us about survival not maths and history of the state.

They could've at least warned us!

But its already too late. Dreaming about the past is no use.

Everything is already been done. All I have to do now is survive.

Elise falls to the sofa. The dusts exploded like snow in front of the sun rays. She tightly hugs onto one of the pillows and let her eyes close peacefully.

"Trash" Rie clicks on his tongue, failing to restrain himself from scratching on his wounds.

He sticks onto me while insisting that everyone else are filthy. Guilt would then consumes me whole because it feels hypocritical on my part.