Chapter 76

The sound of a twig snapping echoed behind me, sending a jolt of fear through me. 

For a fleeting moment, I feared another enemy was lurking nearby. Gripping a rock tightly, I instinctively moved closer to Lucas, hoping he had heard the noise too.

However, instead of reacting to the potential threat, he groaned, "Stop moving."

His fingers tightened around my waist, subtly pulling my shirt upwards. Meanwhile, his other hand firmly gripped the back of my neck, anchoring me in place.

My heart was pounding fiercely in my chest. At first, I tried to convince myself that it was due to the anxiety of a potential threat lurking nearby, ready to harm us. But deep down, I knew that wasn't the primary reason.

The real source of my unease was the unsettling thought that someone might be watching us. The idea of being seen in such a vulnerable and disheveled state filled me with an unexpected sense of embarrassment and urgency. I couldn't bear the thought of anyone witnessing me in such a condition.

"Shhh..." Lucas caught my panic but instead of stopping, he drew up his knees up to part my thighs. Despite my protest, my body willingly moved to follow his command. "I told you, princess, I won't let anyone see you like this... They'd regret it if they did." His voice was low and possessive, laced with a hint of danger that sent shivers down my spine.

"Lucas." I plead, wanting to tell him that someone might be here with us. But my words fell short, and my breath thrummed in time with his. My pulse skipping everywhere under my skin. And I was lost to the familiarity of his heat.

For a moment, there was coldness in his eyes. "I've waited too long to have you by myself. To claim you as only mine" His fingers traced a delicate path along my jawline, his touch both tender and possessive. "But maybe waiting too long was the mistake."

He let go of me abruptly, leaving me bewildered, unable to process his words.

Two silhouettes emerged from the darkness.

Kurt was the first to step forward. His eyes were red and swollen, brimming with tears. He repeatedly wiped them with the back of his sleeves, but the tears continued to flow unabated.

He sank to his knees. Both hands on his thighs like a kid being punished.

He kept his head down, squeezing his eyes as he maintained his distance.

"I-its my fault." He confessed, sniffling. The adorable sounds he rarely makes, one that only I can be shown to. "I should've done better.... I-I I swear I'll be better."

While Kurt was talking, Lucas beside me kept touching me. Pinching me. Rubbing my bare waist with his rough fingers , slowly lifting up my shirt under the eyes of all the livings there is.

The grass, the trees, the darkness amongst them, especially the cold bodies that I have behind me. Watching, staring with their dead unblinking eyes.

Lucas deliberately shifted to sit so close beside me.

So close that I can feel his hot breath. So close that I can see his hardness trying to break free from the discomfort of his pants.

So close that when he whispered I was certain that he felt my surge of wetness, "Look at these dogs, princess. Look at them. It's all your fault."

His voice were cold. His brows furrowing as his gaze fixated to the two boys before me. Every word he uttered seemed like hate.

And yet, despite that, I was on fire. And I can't help my gaze from dropping to take in the tent formed on their pants.