Chapter 60

The hazardous floor poke against my bare feet yet I ran.

Despite my heart screaming to be vomited out, my knees about to give out, my skin burning like being pinned with a thousand needles, and my core.... About to burst from the intense feeling of pain and lust.

I can tell that they gave me aphrodisiac, but Im at loss as to what reason.

Was it because of my confession? That I know their darkest secrets. That I have access at a click of a hand.

But why would that matter? When everyone here have something to hide.

"Oh Kennnn..." I can hear Lucas' taunts. His voice echoes across the halls, and with multiple corridors I have no way to tell on his whereabouts.

Did I run enough? Or are they in one of these doors waiting to ambush.

That shouldn't matter now. I just have to run, and run, and run. Although, I know Im not at my best -my legs are shaking, and every movement there's a possessive need that burns within my body.

As my thoughts distracted me, I came onto collision with a stack of dead bodies and slithered down to a pool of mushy cold blood. It stung my eyes, and without vision I only have the wall to guide me.

But where was I going?

I clambered to move forward. I cant even stand, I instead kneel against the slippery marbled floor. Using my palm up on the wall to guide me to my path.

Wherever I go, I only see darkness. There's a noticeable smell that hangs in the air -sickly sweet with an underlying hint of copper. That same smell is glued to my body. It's liquid, but it isn't water; it's thicker, heavier, and more viscous.

I jerk my hand back when I realized I shouldn't let the wall guide me. My blood-stained fingers will undoubtedly lead them to me, and that's what victims do - clouded by so much fear without knowing of their fault. And I am not a victim. I refuse to be so.

With my sticky hands I tore a piece of fabric from the back of my loose shirt and wiped the blood out of my eyes. As I open them, though still stinging, they quickly adjusted to the dim corridor.

Ive gone far, but I dont know where to go.

The halls, the windows, the door they're all eerily a replica of each other. There's no such thing as decorations, not even numbers to tell which door. It simply looks like a long hall of nightmares.

A thump made me jerk towards my right. The person is against sunlight, framing a familiar silhouette, tall with ample brawn filling out his tee. From this far, a dark auburn hair sprouts above him. I would've thought that its just sunlight that shines his roots to red, but even without that I can easily recognize him from afar.

"Come here." He reached out his hand. His voice so cold that it shudders down my spine. When I didn't move a wink he takes a step forward, "I never approved of Lucas' game, and now you've run enough so come here!"

This time his voice is more firm, more impatient. Its as if it took too much strength to not chase me down while Im distracted.

His gaze travelled all over my body, and Im not sure if the heat that's coursing through my veins are from fear or desire. Or it could be both.

"Ken!"

I flinch, making steps backward as he does forward.

This time it's me who speaks, "Why are you doing this?" I said almost too fast. My knees seems weak, and it made it hard for me to look firm. Like a victim. Like a prey.

"Hmmmm.." Kurt responded, thinking of ways to respond. "If you come here Ill tell you."

I didn't miss the click of his tongue nor does the deepening knit of his eyebrows, and the hint of anger in his voice. Its in his nature to be temperamental and that gives away when he lies.