Chapter 19

El was devastated.

She looked back and forth with eyes so full of questions, she couldn't believe that Kurt really disappeared from our side and instead on the enemies. I looked at his unfocused eyes, they were void of emotion. Its as if he just didnt betrayed us.

It's as if we were never his friends.

"Kurt? Why?" She spoke with a strangled throat. But her eyes didnt have time to welled tears, she's upset but she's also enraged.

"Just get it done with." He scoffed. He didnt even look at us, he just wants us dead.

I rest my palm on El's shoulder, so lightly as I dont want to startle her. Then I whispered, "Let's run."

She glance at me. "Why? He made us a fool-"

"We cant win, El."

"Then let's just have to try"

I dont understand her. Its clear that we dont stand a chance. There may be sticks and rocks on the ground but a sharp knife glints them over.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. "They only want me. You can save your life if you just hand me over."

She was taken aback. Her eyes searching mine, "Because that's what friends do." Then her eyes returned to them, to Jen and to the more monster beside her- the betrayer.

"Stop the drama please." Jen announced, blood and saliva had already dried on her cheeks.

I wasnt ready. I was never ready. In fact, I always knew that I've fallen here to be preyed upon despite the memory loss, despite not being able to remember anything I already knew that I was and still a coward.

But I cant say the same to Elise.

As she said that we are friends. But I dont exactly know what kind of friendship she sees, because in the first place, we never knew each other nor I to myself.

"Try me." When El responded back, Jen did not hesitate to plunge forward.

El acted fast to avoid getting stabbed, however I wasnt able to move. When Jen was getting near, I saw a glimpse of my reflection on her eyes and suddenly the world moved slow. The wind kissed the back of my neck and I forgot how to breath, I didnt know that there would come a time where getting stabbed is the least of my worries. For a moment, I hallucinated and began to fear myself.

A body collided with Jen's. Her knife didnt reach me, she was shoved to the rock-strewn soil staggering from El's weight.
She was about to plunge the knife through El's ribs, and she tried to block it. With her palms up, the tip of the knife pierce through her hand.

Jen tried to pull the knife out. But it couldn't. Its already stuck between the crack of her bones, but El still fought anyway. She didnt care if the knife is slowly pushing through her hand, she didnt care if she was heavily bleeding, she just didnt care.

Without a weapon, Jen is helpless under El.

El is straddling her with a heavy weight. With face already disfigured, El can easily deepen her pain. As her knuckles meet her face, blood would pour from the tear and it splattered between them.

With a bloody face and bones wringing from the blow. Jen still didnt let go of the knife's handle, thrashing it around that would further crack El's bones. She was hoping that it would distract her, and would eventually let her go. She didnt.

El's face is blank of emotion.

She wasn't angry nor does she whimper from the brutal wound. Its just nothing. She just didnt care. It's as if she didnt feel pain.

Jen's thrashing arms dropped. She stopped screaming, and she's no longer moving.

With one last strike it revealed her face, skin is barely seen from the oozing blood and wounds. If someone sees her, recognition will be difficult.

El took one last look at her, to make sure sure if she's really knock unconcious or just putting an act. Then she looks at her palm, bloody with a knife embedded through her bones. Without a drop of expression, she grabbed the handle and try to loosen its hold by moving it, then she pulled. I can hear the crackle of hard bones, as if pulling from a living tree, except this one would pour its red juice and you are at risk to die.

When she got it out, she wriggle her wounded hand like nothing but her gaze would land on the breathing Jen. She's unconcious but surely not dead. With a drop of idea, she positioned the knife atop the body's heart.

Everything happened so fast that we forgot that there are two opponents.

Kurt came to the rescue, with no weapon he carried a big rock and swung on El's head.

She instantly fell to the ground.

I step back. I want to help El but her body was behind the traitor. He didnt made a step yet, he stood there with a sillhoutte so familiar but an action so foreign.

"Did you do this to Lucas too?" My mouth moved on its own.

"I did."

"Were we the first people you made a move to?"

"Yes"

Why...Why... Why... Why is he doing this to us. The back of my eyes is welled up with tears. I just couldnt understand.

"Did you hate us?"

He clicked his tongue. He didnt answer.

When he took a stride to close the distance, somehow I didnt move from my spot. And now, he is standing in front of me with a rock spilled with El's blood.

"Did you remember when I told you that your smell makes me fall asleep?"

I gulped. My mouth just wont open.

He brought his hand to my face and tucked a strand behind my ear. Then he whispers, "I have a reason for doing this."

Then my head rung from the impact.

—————————————-
Dont forget to Vote! ❤️