Chapter 75

Eyepatch's grin widened knowingly as he leaned in closer, his voice dripping with suggestive undertones. "I've noticed you watching me, Kennedy," he purred, his tone low and intimate. "But there's more to me than meets the eye. Care to find out?"

With a swift motion, he lifted Sheena's lifeless body off me, severing her arm with his axe and removing it as if preparing a meal. He then bit into her arm raw, chewing it with a disturbing relish. The sound of his chewing and the nauseating scent of raw flesh filled the air, making it hard to look away.

Unable to stomach the sight, my gaze fell upon Sheena's lifeless form. Her skull was split open, her eyes frozen in a final expression of terror.

It was deeply upsetting that she met an easy end.

Eyepatch leaned in to sniff me, his nose nearly touching my neck. Instinctively, I placed my palm against his chest, attempting to push him away, but he grabbed my wrist with a firm grip.

"I knew it. Your eyes may be like a monster's, but your skin... I never thought I'd find anyone here with skin as smooth as yours," he murmured, biting the edge of my ear. His breath was hot against me as he added, "I bet your meat would taste delicious."

Pulling back slightly, he slid his hand down to my leg, giving it a firm squeeze before making a biting gesture with his mouth. "I could suck you dry," he said suggestively, his eyes locked onto mine with a predatory gleam.

I subtly patted the ground, searching for a potential weapon.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't move. Half of Sheena's body lay on top of me, and Eyepatch's weight leaning on her made it feel even heavier. He locked me in between his arms, gripping the bloodied, sharp axe by my side.

One move could raise suspicion.

One swing, and I could lose my head.

"Hmmm... Not saying anything?" He tilted his head, studying my expression. "That's boring,"

Dropping to his knees, Eyepatch swayed the axe in his hand with a sinister grace. "You could've made this exciting, you know. Like the others did. They screamed, struggled... but to be honest, they didn't taste that great. I suppose there's something to be said for the hype around raising livestock stress-free."

My eyebrows arched in disbelief. "You've eaten them?" I managed to suppress the smirk threatening to tug at my lips.

"It was merely a sample, a mere taste," he murmured, a sinister glint in his eye. "You're not jealous, are you? Unlike the others, I could keep you alive. I'd start with your fingers, then move to your limbs, and gradually reach your hips..." His gaze lingered on my hips. "Your waist," he continued, sliding his eyes to my midsection. "And your breasts." He looked up, licking his lips in hungry anticipation. "I'd save the vital parts for last to ensure your meat remains as fresh as possible."

His words might have held vital information, but all I could focus on was the fact that he had tasted those who had previously ingested the poisonous plant. A mere chip might seem inconsequential, but it could mean that the poison was already coursing through his system.

His eyes blinked more rapidly than before, a curious confusion in them. A red rash was now visibly spreading across his neck, its angry hue contrasting starkly against his pale skin.

Just a little more and he'd drop dead.

"You're doing it again," he said, interrupting my thoughts.

I snapped my gaze back to him, concerned that I had been too obvious in observing the progression of his poisoning.

He continued, "Looking at me with those eyes."

While he was busy looking at my eyes, I have my hand etching to grip on a rock.