Chapter 42

Lucas grumbles as he stitch up Rie.

Just as Lucas feels, Rie is no different. He made a fuss about being touch by people who 'fosters filth', and insist Id be the one to fix him up.

But I can do neither.

I cant fix him and I shouldn't touch him.

Theres a pang in my heart at the thought, and like an instinct I hold up my palms. Though its soft and smooth I know that it feeds with blood.

I glance up at Rie.

What did he see in me? Even though I harbor thoughts uglier than filth.

Rie gives a grimace every time the gauze would tightly tie around his wounds. I slap Lucas at the back of his head, "Not too tight."

He glares at me, then he complains under his breath as he continued on wrapping the boy.

Along his pain he shivers. We have to get him away from that room to calm him down, he can now disguise the trauma in his eyes though he's already been marked. He glistens still, so beautiful, almost perfect. He looks fragile but his words are far from that.

"Ill get some clothes for you." I turn to my band. One click and the little screen flickers to show the untouched coins I've unconsciously garnered. It's still amaze me about how this works.

The buildings must be built and controlled by computers disguised as this weary walls.

"I don't think Ill fit in any of them- Ouch!" Rie glares daggers on Lucas.

Though Lucas was friendly, Rie was the opposite. He avoided interaction with anyone and hides behind a mask to cover up the scar running across his lips. Scars have always been ugly but on him.... Its different, unique and it makes him even more beautiful.

He succeeded in hiding his presence that even I who's a sucker for beauty didn't know his name.

I returned back to my senses when I realized Ive been staring at his face like a creep. I mentally slap myself and turn to Elise instead as she snores loudly amongst the flies. My fingers still scrolling to find clothes. "There should be clothes that fits you here."

"In your closet?" He chokes on air. "I don't want it if it belongs to any of these guys!"

"What? No!" I blurted. "What are you talkin-"

A deafening beep sirens from the band.

It's here again. It signals danger but the whistle is enough to make me want to kill myself.

The shrill vibrated throughout my body, running deep onto my eardrums like a drill digging a hole through my brain.

I want it to stop.

Even if it means to cut my arm.

But I cant.

I want to live because once I remove this Ill burn to death.

A wave of relief washed over me when the noise finally ended with a static.

I fell to my knees and almost hug the floor for comfort. I can never get used to this. Aside from the constant ringing it leaves in my head, more blood will shed as an aftermath.

"Mic test... Mic test."

A voice speaks in the band. He talks in a cherry tone but somehow that feels more condescending. He knows of the dead bodies, he knows how they're killed. He saw them all.

But he's just another loser. Pathetic. Weak. He's cheering for our death while hiding behind speakers.

"How's everyone doing? Some of ya'll really gave a show." He giggles like a kid, as if he feels so important because everyone stop once he started giving out a speech. Pathetic, yet I have no choice but to hear him out. "However, most of you are a boring bunch. There are ones who keeps hiding on others back, and theres those who wouldn't even move from their hiding spot. Now try to imagine watching you out from these screens, you'll seriously feel the same trying to restrain catching those Z's for watching you hide in that cabinet."

He draws out a big sigh.

With silence wrapping out his mouth I once again hear the slight ticking in the background. I can barely hear it with the constant static messing up with the speaker, but unlike the static this follows rhythm. It tics like a bomb.

Whenever I breath the sound would get drown out. Then I close my eyes, I even out my breathing, and when he stops talking I hear it again.

It sounds endless.

It sounds familiar.

So familiar.

A cold hand wraps around mine and I woke up from my senses. Though Kurt is focusing on the speaker, his hand occasionally tightens around mine but this time he's gentler. He's drawing circles on my skin and this lights warmth in my heart.

The voice coughs, the ticking drowning in the background. "And so, let's add spice to this game-"

He said something......

Its almost inaudible when my heart pounded along his words.

But somehow I heard it.

My chest tightens. Fire wrapping up around my throat.

I dont like this.

I dont like where this is going.

Everyone around me stops. Even the incessant buzzing seems to drown out in the background.

I don't understand but the warmth that was in my heart lights up to a fire. And right now, it travels up to my head and burns my brain to a haywire.

The hairs on the back of my head burned to a crisp, my heart dropped to my belly.

I feel like Im standing on needles.

There's a ping in my head and its an indescribable mess.

"It's time for the greatest art of murder."