;Regret; Chapter 32

;Jet Moon;
Pov: Aztec

My fists were bruised and covered in blood from me repeatedly hitting the wall creating multiple dents, but nothing could calm the raging storm fuming inside right now.

The training room was empty, so I could calmly relax after my mate left my pack territory.

She escaped. She left us.

And who's fault is that!? Jax's?

No. It's ours.

No. It's your fault, I had nothing to do with it.

Flint growled, he wasn't making my fury any easier. His anger and my own mixed and it made me immune to pain at the current moment.

I only saw red.

When I saw that beautiful girl... our mate. We both wanted her to ourselves, and we didn't want anyone else to touch her. When she refused to submit me, it really impacted my ego.

I gritted my teeth as my fist made contact with the wall again; creating another hole in the wall which just angered me more. My blood boiled.

It was a good thing this wall was being remade anyways.

I wasn't angry with my best friend; Jax, but with myself. It was because of me my mate wanted to escape, and I wanted to make it right.

I clenched my fists tightly, and I could feel my hands grow cold as my nails dug into my palms and the blood from my knuckles dropped onto the matted floor.

My heart throbbed. I only saw her for two days and I already missed her. I bit my lip and shut my eyes tightly as my mind swirled.

I was angry but I was also sorrowful. The bitter tone of my own voice echoed throughout my mind as I mentally scolded myself for pushing our mate away.

Hey Aztec. Calm down. Seriously you're agitated and you're casing me a headache.

I sighed and put my head on the cold wall, my eyes still shut tightly.

It's your fault you idiot.

"Shut up Flint!" I yelled and hit the wall once again, my blood boiled and I gritted my teeth, a small squeak of fear echoed through the training room and I turned around to see Liz standing there.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt Alpha Hunter," Elizabeth gulped, and I clenched my jaw.

"It's fine. What is it Liz?" I asked trying to relax because she seemed genuinely afraid of me.

"Uh um... the patrol that was chasing after your mate... well the girl, wanted to talk to you, and Um" Elizabeth bit her lip, the fear she was giving off was irritating me.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, trying to hold myself back from lashing out at her, but my irritation was growing increasingly quickly for my likening, and I couldn't do anything about it.

My mind flashed back to my mate, how she stood tall and didn't dare break contact. I broke it first while staring at her. I felt weak when in her presence and it was driving me insane not being able to see her, even when I only saw her for a moment.