;Letter; Chapter 35

;Jet Moon;
Pov: Jax

I gritted my teeth as Elizabeth snuggled into Aztec's chest, we were in Aztec's office alone and she was still cuddling with him like she was actually his mate.

Griffin howled in pain and we watched them, I clenched my fists, my heart throbbed seeing my mate act this way. "What's got you so mad?" Aztec asked.

He has the audacity to cuddle with my mate in front of me and ask me what's got me so mad?

"Nothing Alpha, why did you call me here?" I asked bitterly. Elizabeth looked at me with tired eyes and I felt my skin prick with want.

"You received some kind of letter from Ivory Pack, I didn't want to butt in your business, but I also need to know if it's a threat" Aztec explained. If he wasn't my Alpha and my best friend I would have attacked him for laying his hands on my mate.

He lied to me saying that once he found his mate everything would be fine. He clearly doesn't care about her...

I gritted my teeth at my thoughts.

Of course he cares about his mate, I'm just pissed because heat season is coming up and Elizabeth is becoming clingy to Aztec even more because she can't do that with me.

I winced, "You want me to read the letter out loud" I said and only received a nod in reply, "Okay where is it?"

Aztec gritted his teeth "Elizabeth I know you're going into heat soon but the fuck get off me" he growled, clearly annoyed.

Elizabeth gulped fear flashing in her eyes, she quickly got up and looked at me. A feeling of want filled my body as her soft blue eyes stared at me, my chest ached with the fact that I couldn't do anything for my mate.

She broke eye contact first and Griffin whined in my head as she quickly scurried out of the room. I looked back at Aztec and gritted my teeth, he didn't have to talk to her that way.

Griffin took over and growled "Don't talk to our mate that way." I quickly shut him up and reluctantly bared my neck.

I respected Aztec, he was a really great Alpha, but it irritated me that he took out his anger about his mate on mine and I couldn't do anything about especially now when she was hurting.

"Keep Griffin under control" Aztec sighed "Jax I'm sorry I'm just overwhelmed, especially with heat season coming up."

I scoffed "Yeah, try knowing your mate is two doors away from you every time and you can't see her while you know she's in pain" I muttered "Knowing a bunch of males are trying to get to her" I clenched my fists at the thought.

For three years I've been struggling every time the heat season comes up. For three years our pack has wondered why Aztec has never marked her, and for each of those three years it has been harder and harder to control myself.

"You better not touch my mate" I practically spat with venom "Now that you've found you're mate you're going to want the pain you get during heat season to go away, you better not touch anyone"

Aztec tensed at the thought "What?"

I sighed "When you find you're mate, the heat season gets stronger the longer you don't mark you're mate. However you're going to want to get rid of the pain by wanting trying to do it with someone else."

"You tried that?" Aztec asked, I merely nodded.

"First year, but we didn't get far." I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Aztec asked, I gulped.

"Because I didn't think it was important, anyways" I shrugged it off, I looked at the letter addressed to me.

Who could have sent this?

I opened the letter and began reading it in my head, I was going to read out loud when I was done.

'Hello Beta Jax,

Are you sick of seeing your mate cuddling up to your Alpha? I have a proposal. I know Aztec is probably going to make you read this out loud, if you agree with my proposal answer me, and address it to my brother 'Davion.'
I will introduce myself, I'm Aylean, I am Aztec's mate. If you choose to share the information with my mate I understand, but if not. My proposal is, how about we act like we are mates in front of your pack and our mates? They clearly aren't going to stop the act. However if we act like we are mates, they both will grow jealous. You could finally get back at your mate for what I assume has been years of being jealous.

Sincerely, Aztec's mate.'

I glanced up at Aztec, he was fidgeting with a pen looking agitated. I raised a brow.

Should I do it?

Why would you want to make Liz jealous?

Griffin chimed in.

Because she's been doing it to us for years.

I replied. Griffin stayed silent.

"So who's it from?" Aztec asked eagerly, I glanced down at the paper.

"Some guy named Davion" I answered, then looked at my Alpha.

I can't believe I'm going through with this. He's going to kill me.

"So what did he want?" Aztec asked.

I shrugged "He just wanted to make sure our pack was safe enough to train with theirs."

Aztec furrowed his brows together "Wait, Davion? Isn't he Beta of Ivory Pack. Why did he ask you and not me?"

I raised a brow at him "Well if I'm being honest, people are afraid of you." I replied simply.

The lies spilling off my tongue like it was nothing. This Aylean she-wolf was going to be then end of me.

"What are you going to say back?" Aztec asked, he was still self-conscious about being a good Alpha, so it hurt to lie like this to him, but it was going to be worth it.

I shrugged "I guess you'll just have to wait and see" I gave him a wicked smile and grabbed a envelope from his table then stood up from the chair.

I bared my neck in submission to my best friend then bowed "Thank you for calling me Alpha, if you need anything else I will be in my room" I smirked and left before my Alpha could protest.