;Serious?; Chapter 78

;Jet Moon;
Pov: Jax

I stared blankly at the ceiling while lying on the black blanket of my bed, my body felt numb and my mind was occupied with the events that had taken place earlier

It's had been hours since the council meeting and I was still extremely pissed at Elizabeth for even considering to let Aztec mark her. I was her mate, Not him.

We are.

Griffin corrected, he wasn't taking it too well either because the wolf was pacing back and forth in my mind. Giving me a major migraine.

What do you suppose we do?

Maybe the elders did something? Threatened her?

Even if they did. She shouldn't have even considered letting Aztec mark her.

My heart clenched at the thought, that I would lose her forever if he tried marking her. If Aztec even attempted to mark I wouldn't be able to stop him because he's my Alpha first before my best friend.

I sighed when I heard a knock on my door, I could smell the addicting scent of roses and marigolds. I gritted my teeth, the scent was much stronger because of her upcoming heat soon.

Before I could answer Liz opened the door and slipped into my room, she closed the door behind her. I sighed and sat up staring at the beautiful woman before me, the one that was meant for me and she wanted to throw that all away.

"Babe" Elizabeth smiled.

I folded my arms over my chest, "Babe? That's what you're going to start with?" I stood up from my bed and unfolded my arms, I walked over to my mate staring down at her soft blue eyes.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Elizabeth stuttered.

"What do I mean?" I raised a brow at her, her words made Griffin even more infuriated and I pushed back the animal from taking control. "Care to explain why the fuck the elders are saying you are going to let Aztec mark you?" I said calmly, pointing to the door.

"Oh," Was all she said before she avoided her soft blue gaze from mine and stared at the floor, avoiding eye contact with me.

I carefully lifted her chin with my pointer finger, "Don't look away when I'm talking to you Elizabeth." My voice was cold, she shivered at my touch and her eyes widened when she heard her name escape my lips.

Before Elizabeth could indulge in the addicting touch from the mate's bond I removed my hand and watched her lip quiver from the loss of contact.

A part of me was disgusted at the thought that my mate was willingly wanting to give away the one thing I was meant to do. Mark her. The one thing Aztec couldn't have was her because she was meant for me, and now it was too late because even my mate fell for the stupid Alpha.

"Are you going to answer my question Elizabeth, or are you going to avoid me like the black plague until you get the Alpha's mark on your neck?" I growled out.

"I- I can explain..." Liz shrieked out, her eyes were looking everywhere but at me.

"Then explain," I said rather coldly, causing her to flinch at the tone in my voice. I had never talked to her this way.