;Kitchen; Chapter 88

;Jet Moon;
Pov: Aylean

I rolled my eyes at Aztec then focused on Elizabeth, "Since you're chickening out, Luna," I mocked, "That's one strike," I continued, raising three fingers before slowly lowering one. "Ask someone else."

Elizabeth scoffed through the quiet chatter in the room.  "I don't have to listen to you, Omega," she retorted, her defiance beginning to irritate me.

I let out a frustrated groan, feeling exasperated by Elizabeth's stubbornness and her continual use of the Omega label. "Well, I'm sorry that your precious mate won't allow you to do the dare," I retorted, my tone laced with irritation.

Gesturing towards our combined packs gathered in the pack house, "You're not the only one playing, so pick someone and quit stalling the game." With a scoff, I made it clear that I had no intention of showing her any respect she hadn't earned. If she gave me no respect, I was going to return the same favor.

As the game progressed secrets and embarrassing moments were shared, eventually it circled back to my pack, it was Asher's turn to pose a question to someone. A smirk played on his lips as he directed his gaze towards Davion, they exchanged a knowing look that caught my attention, furrowing my brows in curiosity and suspicion.

What the heck are they planning?

"Aztec," Asher began, locking eyes with the alpha. The man beside me stiffened at the blatant disrespect towards his title, emitting a grunt of displeasure. I smirked as I observed the interaction, confident in my pack's unwavering loyalty of who deserved their respect.

"Truth or Dare?" Asher questioned calmly. The room fell silent, anticipation hanging thick in the air as all eyes turned to await Aztec's response.

"Truth," Aztec answered, his tone carrying a hint of annoyance.

Asher's smirk widened as he leaned in, his hands folding in front of him. "Is Elizabeth," he gestured towards the she-wolf next to him, "Your true mate?"

A charged silence fell like a heavy shroud as the truth or dare question hung in the air, casting a spell of uncertainty over Aztec's pack members. Their voices rose in a tumultuous symphony of disbelief and denial. "True mate?" one whispered, his tone laced with incredulity, while another shook her head in shock, murmuring, "But that's impossible... they must be?" Amidst the confusion, questions emerged like sparks in the darkness: "What if it's just a trick?"
"But Alpha has been with her for so long, does that not count?"
"Are we really going to question their loyalty based on a dare?"
"Shouldn't we trust Alpha's instincts on this?"

As the weight of the question settled over the room like a dense fog, all eyes gazed at Aztec, each gaze carrying its own silent inquiry. Aztec's discomfort was noticeable, his every movement betraying the turmoil within him as he shifted uneasily in his seat. A tense silence enveloped the gathering, broken only by the sound of Aztec's measured breaths. Finally, with a steely resolve, he locked eyes with Asher, his voice a low, dangerous rumble cutting through the stillness, "You dare question my mate?"

Satin's whine echoed in my mind, a sharp pang of jealousy twisting my heart as Aztec effortlessly referred to Elizabeth as his mate. The word carried a weight I hadn't anticipated, intensifying the ache within me. As Satin's agitation mirrored my own, her restless pacing mirrored the tumultuous thoughts racing through my mind, each moment stretching into eternity as we awaited Aztec's response.