;Questionnairee; Chapter 81

;Hospital;
Pov: Keith

The room was steeped in such an eerie silence, that even the hum of machines seemed to hold its breath in anticipation.

"I knew it," Dad's hushed words brushed against me, pulling my attention from Luna Aylean.

He knew?

My eyes darted back to Luna Aylean, disbelief mingling in my mind. The sight of her gently cradling the newest member of the pack, made it more unbelievable, Omegas have been raised to care for a pack's young while they go out hunting, but she was claiming she wasn't one?

I saw that fear was etched into Luna Aylean's gaze, locking us all in a tense moment of shared apprehension.

"Impossible," Emilia's quiet voice shattered the eerie silence, her disbelief ringing through the room.

"If you're not an Omega, then what are you, Luna?" Zahara's skeptical inquiry only thickened the tension, her eyes fixed on Luna, demanding an answer.

"Are you ranked a Beta?" Mom interjected, her arms crossed over her puffed-out chest, a silent fury emanating from her demeanor. To outsiders, her composed facade resembled a masterful poker face, but to my dad and I, it was a storm waiting to break.

Questions swirled like a storm in my mind, each one a sharp gust of betrayal that made my head throb with ache. Slate howled in my mind and I shook my head staring at my Luna.

Why did she lie to us?

Does she not trust us enough? Are we a bad pack?

I hope that's not the reason.

I glanced back at Dad, noting the turmoil etched in his expression, mirroring the inner conflict I felt myself. We all shared it, Luna Aylean possessed the unmistakable pheromones of an Omega, leaving us baffled by the statement she had proclaimed.

But it does make sense! How else was she able to calm THE Alpha Hunter?

Slate pointed out, I clenched my teeth as disbelief and betrayal crept into my consciousness, a bitter taste staining every thought.

"Why did you lie?" I demanded, lifting my gaze to Luna Aylean, only to find her eyes fixed on Zahara's before finally meeting mine with a hint of remorse in her brown gaze.

Luna drew in a deep breath, exhaling slowly before speaking softly, "Any other questions before I start answering?" Her voice carried a hint of calm resolve, ready to answer whatever questions came her way.

"Can you explain how you defeated Alpha Beowulf, given their pack's reputation for extreme Alpha training?" Dad joined in with the line of questioning our Luna.

"Oh, and could you shed some light on those two instances I've heard that Alpha tone in your voice?" Edric chimed in, his curiosity was evident.

"How do you not feel fatigued or drained by the abandoned territory? The pheromones there are incredibly potent," Asher pointed out, prompting us all to gawk at him in astonishment.

Did he just say Luna Aylean can go into the Abandoned Territory and not feel the pheromones!?

Our attention returned to our Alpha in question, who shifted uneasily on her feet before gently returning Harper to her mother on the hospital bed. "Would you like to add anything, Emilia?" She asked with a light tone, inviting Emilia to contribute.