Chapter 1

The smell of freshly brewed coffee and baked bread is enough to put you to sleep. Well, if it weren't for the homework you had to do. Being in college isn't easy, but you're lucky enough to have mostly laid-back professors. After all, you didn't pick the hardest major, just one that will make decent money. You have always wanted to be a musician and an artist, but your parents never let you. Well, major in it, that is. You still draw and play the flute very often. If you're not in a classroom or in your dorm, then you are in the concert hall or art studio.

Actually, you were in the art studio right now, about to throw a new vase. You were interested in tall pots recently. This is your first year taking ceramics, and you're so happy to call it another hobby. Also, a bonus that comes with the class is all of the unique people taking it. You never stare or think strange comments, but there is this one guy who has really caught your attention.

Unfortunately, the universe has prepared for everyone to be matched with a soulmate. Well, it's unfortunate, but not at the same time. It's only unfortunate if you never find your other half. Honestly, you've never been so thrilled about the whole idea. You don't get to pick them out yourself, so how do you know that they're right for you?

Even though you've never been fond of this characteristic, you have chosen to never date anyone. Maybe it's the fear of having to leave if they're not your soulmate, or maybe it's that you just have your priorities straight. School comes first. It could also be that nobody has been interested in you like that before, but you don't like to admit that as much.

After you turn twenty, your soulmates' first name will appear somewhere on your body. It will glow when you have your first skin to skin contact. Normally, the name is on someone's forearm or stomach. You have only three days until you turn twenty, so talking to that cute boy in the corner will most likely be pointless. As much as you don't like the whole soulmate thing, you still have always wondered what it was like. Your parents aren't soulmates and never really showed each other affection, but you've heard that soulmates can't keep their hands off of each other.

You sigh, noticing that you're not paying much attention to what you should be doing. You begin to pack your things up when someone taps your shoulder, causing you to pull an earbud out of your ear. You raise an eyebrow and tilt your head when you turn around and see the cute boy from the corner. You give your attention to him as he says, "Hi, I'm Hyunjin. I was just wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?"

You smile at him and nod your head, saying,"Of course I would. I'm y/n, by the way." You stick your hand out. He grabs it and gives it a polite shake.

You look at him as he says, "How about tomorrow at the campus coffee shop 2 p.m.?" You smile and tell him you will be there. He turns away with a smile and exits the room, leaving you to continue cleaning up. You smile to yourself and think, 'What a coincidence. Well, I'm glad I didn't have to ask.'

You begin to head out, wrapping a scarf around your neck to protect you from the cold. Texting your roommate, you walk back to your dorm. Yuqi is the best roommate you could have ever asked for, and you two have become such close friends over these two years. She is practically your only friend, and you wouldn't trade her for anything.

You enter your dorm, and Yuqi is lying down on her bed. You put your stuff down next to your bed and say, "Guess what?"

She looks up at you and replies with, "What?"

You smile at her and say, "That cute boy asked me out. Tomorrow at 2."

She sits right up and exclaims, "Oh my god! You've been wanting that forever now! Congrats, y/n."