Chapter 36

Y/N POV:

For the first time in days, maybe even weeks, you feel totally safe. A warmth sits comfortably in your body as you breathe in a familiar smell. Home. The smell of a refreshing, spring breeze. Your eyes open slowly as a yawn escapes between your lips. You feel a pair of arms wrapped around your back and waist, keeping you close to the warmth and comfort. Before you can help it a smile forms on your face.

"Aww. There she is." Hobi coos as he lightly pinches your cheeks. You blush and meet his eyes, blinking slowly. What a dream. To wake up in his strong arms.

"She's up?" You hear Namjoon ask. He then shuffles out of his seat and seats himself next to the bed. You turn to look over your shoulder and see his fond gaze. He places a hand on the side of your cheek and brushes the hair out of your face. You smile at him as you feel a flutter in your chest. You see him smile widely as he places a hand on his heart.

"I love when that happens." He says wistfully, like he's looking into the distance. You furrow your eyebrows at his statement.

"When what happens?" You ask.

"I'll have to explain it when we get home. Don't worry about it for now." He pats your head. You nod but stop quickly when the word 'worry' triggers something.

"Speaking of worry, where is Lianna and Yuqi?" You ask, sitting up quickly. Hobi loosens his grip at your struggle, but he still has you planted in your spot.

"They are still in the operating room. Lianna is getting intensive treatment while Yuqi is by her side." Namjoon answers, trying to soothe your worries. You scan the room to notice Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin all missing.

"Is she up? Where are the other three?" You ask, gesturing to the nearly empty room. Your eye catches Yoongi's as he smiles lightly. Of course, you return the gesture. Taehyung gives a little wave when he looks up from his hands. As you're still in Hobi's arms, a smile is the best you can offer him. 

"They were talking to Yuqi for a bit, but I think they should be done soon." Yoongi answers from his spot, keeping his eyes on you. You hum and attempt to sit up the whole way. Hobi grunts in disapproval but lets you anyway. 

You lean yourself against the headboard as you watch Hoseok readjust himself. He runs his fingers through your hair as you focus your vision onto the plain, white door. You begin to cut out all of the noise and looks coming from your soulmates as you attempt to hear beyond your door. Successfully, you cut out all of the distractions and can hear Jungkook's soothing voice. Just his voice alone makes your heart flutter again. Knowing that he is still okay calms your thoughts significantly. 

Before you can listen any further, you gasp in shock as a light smack stings your thigh. With a parted mouth and wide eyes, you stare at the culprit. Namjoon rubs his attacking hand up and down your thigh as he offers a light, teasing smile. His gaze causes you to shudder slightly, a small heat flaring your insides. 

"I don't think they would appreciate your snooping, darling. Focus on us instead. We've been without you for so long, after all." He drawls out, leaning closer to you. No words make their way out of your mouth as your fuzzy mind replays his unfamiliar behavior. Sure, you've partially seen Namjoon's assertive behavior with his first found soulmates, but he's never used it with you before. Your breathing tells him and yourself that it doesn't seem to be any kind of a problem. 

All you can do is nod numbly and look into his eyes. He softens his gaze and leans backwards, reaching his original position. You didn't notice Hoseok's roaming hands during the ordeal, but they make themselves present as Namjoon retreats. You turn to face him as he smiles gently, squeezing your sore shoulders. 

"Jin's mom said that you would have sore muscles, especially up here." He squeezes your shoulders again. You shut your eyes and bare your teeth slightly at the tense feeling. He hums and continues the task. "Lean your head forward, Y/n." He whispers behind your ear. Not needing a reason, you do as he says. Namjoon and Hobi remind of you of a good cop bad cop scenario in this moment... You'll think about that more later.