Chapter 31

(Here's me making up for yesterday :)

Jungkook POV:

Finally! The cloth ties around my wrists come undone, and I am left to fiddle with the ones around my ankles. They had tied those extra tight because I tried kicking a few doctors. I roll my eyes at the thought but continue with my goal.

Soon enough, I am free of my ties. Quietly, I arise from my bed and wander towards my window. Because I'm on a higher floor, I could only ever see the sky, so I want to know what the ground looks like. I peer down and see a pretty fountain and a busted yellow swing on a tree. Not much.

I sneak to the door and press my ear against it. I hear a few voices talking steadily as they pass through the hallway. Several seconds after the voices die down, I open the door. My mission? To rescue my other two soulmates. Then? Go find Y/n.

With the pace of a sloth, I creak the door open, peaking my eye outside. Once I assure that the coast is clear, I step out, shutting the door silently behind me.

I can't imagine that the next procedure would be nicer than the most recent one, so I try my hardest to not get caught. It is now that I realize I have left myself with no game plan. Quickly, I return myself to my room to think first.

Maybe I should try the connection thing that my other soulmates have been using? Ugh... but I just don't know how to work that thing! Trying couldn't hurt, though, right?

With all of my concentration, I picture Jin first. His smile, his amazing cooking, his calm aura, and his dad jokes. A smile graces my lips as I do so. Soon enough, I am pulled out of my current headspace and thrown into another one.

"Jin? Jin!" I shout quickly, trying to reach him.

"Hello? Jungkook? What is it?" He asks quickly. I feel his heartbeat hasten.

"Where are you? Like what floor or room number? Do you know?" I ask hurriedly.

"Um... I'm not sure about the room number, but I believe I'm on the bottom floor. Why?" He asks with a twinge of fear.

"I'm coming to get you." I state, ending the connection. The quicker the better.

I change my thoughts to Jimin. His crinkled eyes, his light chuckles, his flirts, and his beautiful hair. Again, I am pulled to his mind.

"Jimin!" I shout. I feel him shake.

"What? Who is this?" He asks.

"It's Jungkook! What floor are you on?" I ask.

"Why?" He hesitantly asks. I scoff at him. He would ask why at a time like this.

"Because I need to come get you!" I yell.

"I'm on the bottom floor with a window looking out to the courtyard." He sighs. He already sounds like he's given up, and my heart aches to hear him.

"Perfect." I end the connection. He's right below me! I wonder if there's a way to cut through the ceiling... No! That would be way too loud to pull off.

With a huff, I exit the room with a game plan this time. My heart pounds as I try to keep my body under control. If I'm too loud, I could blow this whole plan and possibly get us punished...or worse- No! Stay focused!

Quickly, I read a sign on the wall.

400s left
500s right
200s, 300s right and downstairs

Easy. To the right and down the stairs. Silently, I creep down the hall, my feet barely making a sound. I keep my ears alert and eyes peeled as I find the staircase, not that it was hidden. With a glance around the corner, I continue. I tiptoe down the staircase and freeze once I reach the landing.