Chapter 29

Y/N POV:

After a quick moment of fresh air and peace, you were able to reset your mind. Over the few days of being here, you could feel your willpower fizzling away. This, however, started the timer over again. That in itself is a bittersweet thought.

The sweetness is much more prominent than the bitter portion, though. No matter what, you would force yourself to live for your soulmates. That piece of bitter appointments and pain is something you are willing to endure in order to return to that terrifically sweet feeling. Your only concern is if the others are willing to push through the same thing.

After you returned inside, you felt several strange waves of pulsing in your mind. It felt like someone was carefully removing a wall brick by brick. Had you not been so tired, you would have embraced the odd feeling. Though, you were nervous about the idea that the Gatorade substance had negatively affected your body. You had been too exhausted to process the idea that it could have been a soulmate of yours.

As morning number five rolls around, you realize just how much you've slept as the dawn creeps higher. You had fallen asleep directly after your delivered dinner. Now, repeats the same schedule that commences with breakfast.

Lianna peaks her head into your room and meets your eyes. A soft smile graces her lips as she enters with her tray of food. You return the gesture as you fix your posture. She takes a seat next to you and begins the usual routine.

"Where are we, Lianna?" You ask bravely. Your question catches her off guard, but still, she thinks over the question. After she feeds you your first bite, she answers.

"A lousy town in the middle of nowhere is where we are." She scoffs, rolling her eyes. You nod your head slowly.

"How far do you travel to get here then?" You push a hint of concern out of your voice, but really, you just dig for just how far you might be out of town.

She chuckles a bit as she cuts up your meal. "Oh... I don't know. I drive about forty-five minutes each way to get here."

"Ah... I see. So that pay really is good, huh?" You laugh with her as she feeds you your bite. She nods with a chuckle before becoming more serious, hanging her head for a moment.

"Irwing." She says shortly. Your eyebrows scrunch together as you tilt your head.

"What?"

"We are in Irwing. It's a small town in the middle of three large cities, and it feels like the Bermuda Triangle."

"What do you mean?"

"Once you're in, you can never get out." She whispers the last phrase before shaking her head slowly. "I'm sorry. I've said too much. Please do not let the doctors know what I've said."

Her eyes widen as she begins to plead with you. Her hands grasp your own in each binding as she shakes them. At her frenzy, you nod slowly.

"Lianna, please calm down. I'm not going to say anything, I promise," you begin slowly, looking into her eyes. As you see her relaxing a bit, you continue.

"I won't tell anyone," you restate, "but are you able to help me get out of here?" You whisper as quietly as possible, inching your head closer to hers. Her eyes widen a second time.

"Uh... I really shouldn-... um. I can't!" She finishes finally, slapping a hand over her mouth. You nod slowly, pulling away from her.

"That's okay. I just wanted to ask. How about we finish with breakfast, hm?" You ask her softly, knowing she would likely return to normal while doing her job.

After she feeds you, she is quick to exit your room. With a heavy sigh, your head sinks backward onto the uncomfortable board. You wish you could face-palm because you had forgotten to ask Lianna about the doctors plans for today. Her little outburst had troubled you, but in return, you had gotten some good information. Well, if you could do anything with it.