Chapter 34

Yuqi POV:

"What the Hell was that?" Namjoon shouts, the noise frightening him.

I turn around and stare into the depths of the forest for several seconds. A bright glow emits from the center as I feel a smile grow onto my face.

"She did it." I pump a fist into the air. We are only a few more paces from the cars, nearly free.

"Did what?" Hoseok speaks up, his tone fearful.

"She got rid of the building and... well everyone in it." I announce. The reactions are very mixed, but there is no time to think about such a thing.

"There's the cars!" Jungkook points, hurrying his steps. Everyone follows suit.

"Wait!" I shout, pulling him back by his sleeve. He turns to me with wide eyes.

"What?" He asks urgently. I point my finger out towards the cars.

"Who are they?"

The group eyes the vehicles, just now noticing the crowd of people crouched around the methods of transportation. We all freeze, and I notice Taehyung's grip on Y/n tighten. He tries to shield her as Namjoon and Yoongi step to my side. I pull out my phone, wondering if Lianna missed some people.

-I sent some victims out to the North, hoping they would find your cars. I don't know if you have enough room, but please try and accept them if you can. I love you.

I release an exhale of relief, filling the men in on the text. They all visibly relax as we near the cars. Upon hearing our footsteps, the people run quickly to get onto the other side of the car. We approach, and I am the first to speak.

"A blonde nurse sent you all, correct?" I ask. They look at my in fear before one of the women nods her head. I smile.

"That's my sister. I'm here to get you all out of here. Let's go home, yes?" I ask, motioning for them to stand.

After a moment of hesitation, the same woman stands, and the people around her follow suit. She huddles closely to a man and a woman whom I presume to be her soulmates. I provide them with another smile, hoping to soothe them.

"I think we should hurry, Yuqi." Namjoon places a gentle hand on my shoulder. I nod and put the boys and Y/n into one car. I let the others fit into the second car. In total, there are ten rescues and eight in Y/n's group. These cars are absolutely packed. I decide to take the car with the ten rescued as Yoongi chooses to drive his soulmates.

While in the car, I pull my phone out to dial my sister's number. After a few rings, my eyebrows furrow. I am sent to voicemail. I huff and call again. Nothing. I shake my head to rid my negative thoughts as I look at the victims in my mirror. Some meet my eyes while others snap their eyes out of the windows.

It is easy to tell who is bonded to who as they cling to each other and send meaningful looks. Looks that I can not quite understand.

"I suppose I should explain as much as possible." I sigh and return my eyes to the road. None of them speak, but their eyes say to continue, so I do.

"That blonde woman, as I said, is my sister. She has hated working in that rotten institution ever since she stepped foot inside of if ten years ago. She tried helping everyone as best as she could, hoping to make the tests more bearable. At first, she wasn't aware that the practices were unethical.

"When she realized, she brought it up to her bosses. That is when she was notified of what they were really doing. They were trying to find a way to make artificial soulmates. Though, I'm sure you all know that people are fated before they are even thought of. The Night Sky tells us so. She hasn't been wrong yet.