Chapter 44

The next day, you decide that returning to class would be in your best interest. First, however, you open your phone and sort through your contacts.

Hyunjin:

11/29 @ 10:38: Hey Y/n, are you sick? Maybe you're just oversleeping, lol.

11/30 @ 4:24: Still not feeling good? Do you want me to bring you soup?

12/01 @ 8:23: I'm getting a bit worried. I know you're a grown woman, but let me know if you need anything...

12/02 @ 10:20: Are you okay? I miss throwing with you...

                 11:04: The teacher said I can help you catch up with your projects. I'll throw a set of bowls for you. Be back soon to glaze them :)

And the texts stop there. You feel absolutely awful for being unable to communicate with him. You're sure that he will understand, but you just feel so bad for making him worry. You respond:

I've got a lot to tell you. I'm sorry I haven't been able to reach you. I'll be back today. Meet at the café for lunch?

Almost immediately, he responds:

Oh my Skies you're okay! Yes, 12 sounds perfect. See you in a few hours!

You smile painfully at the screen. This horrific incident really hurt not only you, but so many people around you. You'll have to look into therapy before you have the world's worst break down...

You open Yuqi's texts:

12/02 @ 2:37 Hey girl how have you been?

                 2:40 Y/n?

                 2:51 I'm getting nervous now.

                3:04 I just got a call from Lianna, my sister remember? Are you home?

               3:06 Please tell me it's not you...

12/05 @1:32: Lianna is recovering decently. She hasn't woken up yet, but I have faith in her. I'll let you know when you can come see her :) How are you holding up?

Your heart shatters for a moment before you try and erase the feeling. You respond:

I'm okay. I hope she wakes up soon so I can crush her bones with a hug. And so I can go see you, of course. I'm going back to class today, and then I'm going to look for therapy before the aftermath of the events can catch up to me. <3

You sigh and look at your phone, waiting for a response. Nothing. You get out of bed and head to your closet to put some decent clothes on. It's about ten in the morning, and your classes are afternoon ones today. Jimin, Taehyung, and Namjoon have all gone to classes while the rest are at home. Yoongi has one evening class, Hobi has already finished his morning class, Jin graduated already so he has no class, and Jungkook doesn't have any Monday classes. Lucky duck.

Thinking about this, you realize that you've never fully learned what everyone is going to college for. You might have talked about it briefly, but you figure you should catch up on that important bit of information. For now, you head downstairs to see what everyone is doing.

Of course, Yoongi is lounging on the couch. You playfully roll your eyes as he waves at you. You would lay with him if it weren't for your growling stomach. You enter the kitchen to find a bed-headed Jungkook and hard working Jin.

"There you are! I was just going to go and get you. Sit and eat." He points to the spot next to Jungkook.

His cheeks are puffy and his eyes are hardly open as he slowly chews his food. He leans his head on your shoulder once he is done chewing. Jin rolls his eyes and says, "You need to eat. How did you survive on your own, boy?"