Chapter 24

Y/N POV:

A loud sound can be heard a few feet away from your tired body. Light floods your vision as you peel your eyes open. Remembering your situation, your body jolts to an upright position. Though you don't get very far because of your bound limbs.

You haven't forgotten about your plan of escape.

Your senses overwhelm you with information. The current silence other than breathing, the brightness of the room, the feel of the crunchy fabric below you, the smell of medicine and cleaning supplies, and the taste of your unbrushed teeth.

After adjusting, you are able to see Minghao, the doctor from yesterday. He has the same smile as he did the first time he introduced himself to you.

"Good morning. I hope you slept well. Today, I am just going to take some vitals. No procedures will happen until tomorrow." He announces. You roll your eyes.

"Minghao." You state. He scrunches his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I've never had to pee more in my life."

He tilts his head and examines you before getting the hint. He tells you that he will be back in just a moment, leaving you to let your head roll back onto the board.

As he returns, he does so with new company. There are two new doctors accompanying him, but they seem quite strong. You quirk an eyebrow.

"They will release you from your bindings and guide you to the bathroom, and I," He pulls his hand out from behind his back, "will be making sure you don't try and escape."

Your mouth becomes dry as you observe the large needle in his grip. The yellow tinted liquid sloshes around inside of the tube. You nod twice at him.

He allows the doctors to untie you with a wave of his hand. Not wanting the consequence, you sit as still as possible.

"I hope you know that I wouldn't try to escape while my bladder is this full." You joke. He chuckles lightly.

"We don't take chances here, Y/n."

"I bet."

After your business is complete, they guide you back to the bed, but do not put the cloth back on you. You give a questioning glance to them.

"We've got information we need to collect, and you being free makes it much easier. Well, as long as you don't try anything." Answering your unasked question, he flicks the needle as an intimidation tactic.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Hurry it up."

"As you wish."

The two doctors keep a close eye on you as you keep a close eye on Minghao who keeps a close eye on his supplies. It's like a watching game.

While you wait, you decide to have some fun. It's the only form of entertainment you'll get, after all.

You turn your head to one side and make direct eye contact with one of the new doctors. You stay unblinking as the doctor fidgets with his hands. As he blinks, you crack a malicious smile. His eyes seem to shake and his upper lip contains a dew. Content, you turn to the other doctor, and you hear a light breath of relief from the previous doctor.

This doctor seems to be tougher as you hold his stare. It's important for you to understand each doctor because it might lead you to freedom. The first doctor seems much easier to manipulate.

You tilt you head and wink at him to see if he will crack under your flirtatious gaze. He keeps his eyes on you as a light blush heats his cheeks. A smirk finds it way to your lips, but is quickly removed as Minghao grabs your attention with words.