Chapter 35

Y/n POV:

You wake up on your couch with a large stretch, but your foot bumps against something in the process. You peel your eyes open and smile at the obstacle.

"Good morning, Joonie." You say with a rough voice. He smiles at you lovingly and taps your leg.

"Good morning, baby." He says. That's weird, he's never called you that before. You smile regardless and sit up.

You meet eyes with Hoseok and see Taehyung leaning up against his arm. Upon seeing you, they smile and wave. They're not as energetic as usual. You furrow your brows and look around more. Yoongi and Jin are leaning on the kitchen counter, conversing lightly.

As they notice you looking, Yoongi gives a head nod and Jin smiles. What is going on? A head nod? Just a smile? Maybe you are getting too attached to the standards that they were at before. This is normal, right?

You sigh and begin to stand. You hear the front door open and watch Jimin and Jungkook enter, hand in hand. You give them a toothy grin. They put on a light smile and gentle wave. Why is nobody saying anything to you?

You huff and shuffle over to the kitchen. You peak over Jin's shoulder to see the stovetop empty. That's unusual. He always makes breakfast.

"Hey, Jin. What time is it?" You ask him, placing your hand on his arm.

He looks at the contact before answering, "Eight A.M, why?" Seriously, what is up with these guys?

"Did you already make breakfast?" You ask. He shakes his head.

"No. Was I supposed to?" He asks innocently. You shake your head.

"Not at all! I'm hungry, though, so I'm going to make something. What do you all want?" You ask, digging through your cabinets. Upon hearing no replies, you turn around. Each one of your soulmates are seated around the living room with their heads tilted down. You furrow your eyebrows and and close the cabinet door silently.

You fold your arms and creep around the kitchen counter, getting a better look at them. Jimin, who is nearest to you, has a single tear rolling down his cheek. You gasp and walk up next to him. You place a hand on his shoulder, but he does not react.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" You rub up and down his arm. He sniffles once but doesn't move. You scrunch your eyebrows and look around the room.

Each person has a blank expression as their eyes water and drip. You back away from them slowly. Something is definitely wrong. You grab a towel from the counter and hit Jimin's arm with it. Normally, he would pick up a towel and chase you, but he still doesn't move.

"Guys? You're not acting right." You say with desperation. Why aren't they answering you?

Beep.

Huh?

Beep.

Okay, that's annoying.

Beep.

You feel a squeeze on your left hand.

Beep.

You look up and see Jungkook holding your hand. However, he cannot meet your eyes. It's almost like he can't see you.

"There you are. What's going on with you guys?" You ask him gently, brushing his hair out of his face. He doesn't react, but another tear rolls down his face. You furrow your eyebrows yet again.

"What's wrong with you?" You ask a bit rougher than what you wanted too, but still nothing.

Beep.