Chapter 37

Jin POV:

"What the f-" Jungkook begins, but is cut off once he sees the concerned figure breathing heavily in the doorway. 

Y/n's eyes examine the room rapidly like she is searching for an intruder. For a moment, everything is silent. However, that doesn't last long before it is disturbed by four more figures barging behind Y/n.

"What are you doing? I told you everything was okay." Taehyung pants behind her. She, however, is still analyzing the situation. When she meets my eyes, she relaxes her posture slightly. I decide to approach her slowly.

"Hey Y/n. What's wrong, hm?" I lean my head down closer to hers when I am near enough. She looks at me with partially widened eyes and shakes her head slightly.

"I don't know. I felt... I don't know." She shuts down on herself. "Sorry for interrupting." She waves her hand and begins to turn around, but I reach my hand out to grab her wrist. Stopped suddenly, she turns to me again.

"What did you feel?" I question her further. By now, the others are leaning in to hear her response, even Yuqi.

She shrugs lightly but searches inside her mind for an explanation. "Maybe...I don't know. I thought you were upset." She answers weakly. "I don't know why I thought that. I might just be paranoid." She runs her left hand through her hair.

"Did you feel it? Or did you think it?" Yoongi asks, taking a step forward.

"What's the difference?" She asks. He hides the smile that he was going to break out into.

"Was it your mind telling you he was upset, or was it your body? How did you know it was Jin?" He asks.

"I guess it was my body? My mind didn't tell me anything, and I don't know how I knew it was Jin." She whispers. Yoongi smiles at the statement, though.

"Well then I guess we have less to show you when we get home." He says vaguely. Several of us scrunch our eyebrows, but a few others just smile. Weird. 

"Well, were you upset?" She turns back to me. I tilt my head for a moment.

"I guess I was." I scratch the back of my neck. Her mouth parts with worry.

"Why? What happened?" She asks me quickly. I can't help the chuckle that falls from my mouth.

"I was just feeling a bit guilty is all. There's no need to worry, I promise." I respond.

"Great." Taehyung claps his hands together. "Now we can get you back into your bed for some much needed rest." He paints a wide, nervous smile on his face.

Although we have all been worried about her recovery, Taehyung seems to have taken it the hardest. He said he was the one to carry her cold body from the river and into the car, so he feels the need to protect her even more than before. We've all just let him do his thing as long as we get our fair share of quality time.

She waves a hand in his direction, not listening to his suggestion. He huffs and drops his hands as she walks towards Yuqi. Seemingly knowing what's about to happen, Yuqi opens her arms as wide as she can. In just a moment, Y/n collapses into her embrace. The faucet of tears turns on, and both of the girls sob into each other's holds.

Y/n POV: 

You cry into the arms of your best friend. The person who has been through it all with you. Well, maybe not all, but a lot. You wonder how she got here in the first place, but then you assume that Yoongi, Taehyung, or Jungkook called her. You are more than happy to be with her, even under these disturbing circumstances.

"There you are. You have no idea how much I've missed you." She cries into your shoulder. You rub her back and smile as best as you can. 

"I'm sorry for not checking up on you. I just up and left you by yourself." You sob.