Chapter 3

Well. Today is just one of those average days. You have a class at 8 in the morning which is not what you're looking forward to. It's one of those boring, useless classes that you're forced to take. You have other things to look forward to after the class though. Things like art and music of course!

After the class, you head to the ceramic studio, hoping to throw a set of large fruit bowls. You set your things up at a wheel and go to your cubby to get your clay. You walk back to your wheel with the wedged clay and grab a bat along the way. You see someone took the wheel next to yours, so you make sure to be as clean as possible. You wonder why they didn't go to a further away wheel until you see Hyunjin walk out of the kiln room. You smile at him and he does the same. It seems like you now have a throwing buddy.

You patiently wait for him to sit down for you to start throwing. As you put water on the clay, you ask what his ideas are for his clay. He says he wants to make tea cups with matching cup plates. You nod your head and begin to focus. Making large pieces take a lot of attention and patience, so you keep the talking to a minimum. Hyunjin understands, so he doesn't try to make any unnecessary conversations. Once you're satisfied, you take the bowls over to the drying cabinet.

You sit back down at your wheel next to Hyunjin and decide to throw some pieces for fun. He decides to do the same when he's finished. This is a better time to converse, and you do. You try many different techniques while talking about classes, animals, and so much else.

After several minutes, you decide to be done and so does he. You chat with him some more as you clean up your areas. This makes clean up a lot more enjoyable and quicker. He asks what you're going to be doing after this and you mention that you have a class in about half an hour. He nods and says, "Well then I'll see you around!" You smile and tell him, "Of course! See you soon."

In the meantime, you head to the Cafe to pick up a coffee that you ordered in the studio. There are a few people inside that don't look terribly happy, so you keep your distance from them. You don't need anyone ruining the atmosphere for the day. You take your coffee and head to your next and final class of the day.

You enter the classroom and take your notes out, waiting for the professor. Having pretty stationary things makes the lecture go by so much faster. You're not paying your full attention to this class because it's another one that you didn't really want to take. You do, however, notice a guy to the left of you. You only notice him because, well, he's seemed to have noticed you first. Basically, he's staring at you. You look at him and tilt your head. Hopefully, he can read your mind because your brain is saying, 'What do you want?' Though of course, he looks away. He doesn't seem very embarrassed, just...strange. Well he doesn't look strange, he's quite attractive, he just seems to be looking at you for a strange reason.

This makes you focus on your lecture, hoping to forget that... interaction. If that's what you would call it. Blah blah blah, chemistry this, biology that. I'm not even a science major.

After class is over, you pack your things up. You slyly look to your left and see that he is still there, packing his things up. You hope to exit either before or after him, preferably after. As long as it's not at the same time. Fortunately, you get your wish when you get up to leave and he isn't behind you. You take your things and haul it back to the dorm. You're not afraid of this guy, it's just off putting. You aren't one to get very awkward or embarrassed, so that wasn't an issue. You're just not quite sure what it is about that guy.

You make it back to your dorm and put everything away. Yuqi should be back in about an hour, so you decide you're going to the concert hall. You walk in and see that it's mostly empty. Except, you hear the piano guy again. He seems to be one of the only constants in your life. You peak behind him just like last time and listen. This time, you're more discreet. You stay there for a lot shorter of a time and then head to your favorite playing hall.

You pull your flute out of its case and admire her again. It will never get old. You pull your music out of your bag and set it on the tall stand. Instead of practicing movements that need practiced, you just decide to play some of your favorite pieces. You warm up with a few scales and arpeggios. As you begin to play your songs, you feel the same sensation you always do: entranced. Each sequence of notes make your body move along in a similar manner. A fast sequence makes your shoulders drop and your head shake. A slow movement causes your body to sway from side to side. Parts that you have memorized cause you to slowly stray away from the piece with your eyes closed peacefully.

After about an hour, or maybe even two, you sigh contently and pack up. 'This type of therapy is free and maybe even more effective. Well...probably not.' You think to yourself. You carry your bag and case with a strap around your shoulder and head out. You see piano boy again, except this time he is on a bench by the exit doors. He looks up at you and says, "You play so beautifully." You blush, not expecting him to say anything.

"Thank you. You do too. I've listened to you play everytime I see you in here." He smiles lightly at that, looking down slightly.

"Have a good night." He calls to you. You wave and wish him a good night too. Well, piano boy was a background constant, now he's a foreground constant. 'Cool.' Maybe it's your period on its way, or maybe it's just the people, but you seem to find everyone here quite attractive. Including piano boy.

You head back to your dorm where Yuqi greets you. You tell her about the ceramics studio and piano boy, and she smiles happily at you. She's always wanted you to be happy, and you finally seem to be getting there. You wouldn't say that you were depressed, but you've never had a reason to really be happy. Now, you have the freedom to spend your time mostly how you want to. This makes you a much happier and more pleasant person. Of course, you've always wanted the best for Yuqi too, but she carries herself very well. She has a perfectly balanced life and is quite happy a lot of the time. This is what makes you two the perfect friends. She's your voice of reason. You're her voice of outbursts.

After dinner, you study and get a shower. You sigh, knowing that today was a very productive day. Laying down in bed, you drift off.

You feel your nerves and think, 'Tomorrow's the day.'

------