Epilogue

Five years later

-

"Jimin, get up!" You shout at your lazy soulmate. Some things never change.

"But it's so early~" He whines. 

"I really don't care. You're going to be late for work." You forcefully remove the blanket from his laying form. He groans but rolls out of bed anyway.

So, where are you all now?

You're all still living in the same house as many of you have grown a special attachment to it. Sure, you are open to moving at some point, but not yet. You want to take things nice and slow. After all, you've finished college and have been working for about three years. Well, at two different jobs, but working nonetheless.

Where have you been working? At first, it was jus some lousy, post-college job, but then, a brighter opportunity presented itself. Namjoon put his degrees to good use and ended up creating a business. This business is for soulmate research and recovery. Now, now, now let's not get ahead of yourself. There are no needles, head straps, or damaging tests of any kind.

His business has two main priorities: Keeping soulmates safe if they are in a dangerous situation, and researching the furthering of the soulmate bond.

Ever since he found out about the odd things that the bond can offer, he has been wanting to do even more research. This can be such a useful tool and can get soulmates to love and understand each other even better than before. Communication through the mind, feeling the emotions of your other soulmates, and even teleportation have all been explored. Teleportation is the tricky bit of research because history shows that it could have been possible at one time, but he is still struggling to figure it out.

Ever since Namjoon announced his plan, he thought that you and Jin would be the perfect people to run it. In an odd way, it made you feel better about going through what you did. Seeing other people heal from similar experiences was healing to you in its own strange way. Now, you and Jin help others through their problems by providing a safe place and lots of care. Jin also works as the head chef for the recovery center, providing dishes and successful menus that everyone can eat from.

What about everyone else?

Yoongi has become a professional producer, and Hobi has become a dance instructor. In many of his classes, he promotes Yoongi's music as it is very easy to want to dance to. Boy, are they good at what they do. A recent purchase in the house, actually, would be that of a grand piano. Yoongi placed it right in the living room so that he can come home, drop his items, and sit down to play for hours.

Jimin became a professional interior designer that really works his own schedule, though he sometimes forgets to take his 'I hate mornings' nature into account. He sets up appointments for early in the morning to feel productive, but then he never feels like waking up to actually go to the appointments. Hence, what you've just witnessed up above.

Jungkook and Tae have fallen into a similar career path that surrounds games. Sure, they went to college, but they didn't go for game development or software work. Somehow, they have found their way into that technological path without needing much of an education. It beats you how they did it, but as long as they're happy, it doesn't matter. 

It seems like everybody is significantly busy everyday, but you always have the evenings together. Namjoon is the busiest out of all of you, but even he takes the time to eat dinner with the rest of you. The goal is that you can all retire by the time you're thirty-five, but you'll see what happens. You would hate to be bored all of the time, so maybe you'll just lower your hours instead of retire.

The biggest change as of recent are the new additions to the household. No! No kids! Much better than kids. Pets! A chocolate lab named Bonnie and two cats. The two cats were not what you predicted them to be, black and orange, but instead they are mixed breeds from a shelter. One is white with gray spots named Kent and the other one is a tuxedo cat named Sylvester, for obvious reasons.

Do they get along? For the most part, yes! Bonnie's favorite human is you, of course. After all, you're both the only ladies in the house. You have to stick together! Kent's favorite human is Yoongi, for obvious reasons again. All they do is lay on the couch and nap together. There are times where you have been jealous of Kent, but you try not to let it show. Sylvester doesn't seem to really have a favorite, but he certainly loves to chase Jimin around the house. They are quite the chaotic duo.

Now, you might be wondering, what about Yuqi, Lianna, and Hyunjin? Lianna has made a nearly full recovery. Her injuries left some intense scars, but she is up and moving again. She now works with you at the recovery center where she can continue her passion of helping others through difficult times. This time, though, there is no horrible back story. You get to see her nearly everyday which tends to make Yuqi quite jealous.

Speaking of Yuqi, what could she possibly be up to? Well, she works as a dentist at a local oral center. You never knew why that was her goal, but she does a damn good job. Every time you go to get your mouth checked, she always makes sure to floss extra hard and poke and prod more often. It may seem weird to have your best friend poking around in you mouth, but you like to think of it as good fun... Especially when she lets you operate the water gun.

And Hyunjin? Well, I guess I forgot to mention above that he and Yuqi just so happen to be soulmates! Isn't that odd how it works? As soon as she showed you the name on her arm, you immediately set them up. Of course, they've heard of each other through you, but they didn't really know each other. This made it extremely easy to set them up. You were just surprised that Hyunjin is younger than her. Honestly, you expected him to tell you first, and when he didn't, you thought that he was hiding it, but then you found out that he hadn't even turned twenty yet.

Well, life is good. 

"Y/n~ I want a kiss before I go." Jimin whines, sulking right next to you. 

Like I said, some things never change.

You slap his arm and give him a quick kiss. "Now get out of here. Stay safe, I love you!"

That's right, you even told them that you love them. Did you expect it? No! Not in a million years.

But when you really think about it, there is nobody else in the world that you could love more than your beautiful seven soulmates. 

Besides your dog, Bonnie.

------

Fin~