Chapter 7

You run as fast as you can back to your dorm, not stopping to look at anything. Some people watch you, but you can't do anything about it now. 'Have you lost your mind?! He probably thinks we hate him! Well, we don't exactly like him, do we? Of course we do! You don't even know him, how could you say that?'

You feel terribly guilty, but you don't know what you could have done differently. Tears still stream down your face as someone grabs your arm to stop you. You yank your arm away, not looking back as you start running again.

You unlock the door and open it with haste, slamming it behind you as if you just escaped a monster. Yuqi shoots her body upright and looks at you with huge eyes. "What's wrong?" She immediately asks.

You begin to bawl. You were already crying, but this was different.  It is more painful and embarrassing to bawl in such a way. You collapse to the floor and she jumps off her bed to hold you. She places your head in her lap as she runs her fingers through your hair. After about 10 minutes, she prompts you to talk.

You explain everything that happened with great detail, including your thoughts behind your actions. She nods along and asks questions here and there, hoping it could help clear your mind. It helps you to calm down, and when you're at a sensible level, Yuqi takes over.

She begins to give you advice. "Have you thought about how he feels? I'm not trying to guilt trip you, but you just left your very first soulmate high and dry," She chuckles, "He is probably worried sick about you...maybe try texting him? Or ask to meet up with him soon. Later today or early tomorrow would be best. I don't know if you know this, but the longer you are apart, the more your heart will hurt, and I mean literally hurt. You'll be throwing up and everything, and I know how much you hate throwing up." You sigh, wiping your eyes. You hardly thought about his feelings. 'Oh my gosh, he probably thinks we rejected him! His heart must hurt so badly?" Your mind cries.

You know she is right, so you text him:

Can we meet at the pond at 8? I'd like to talk to you.

You wanted it to be later so that you could go to class and then get dinner. This would hopefully clear your mind. You tell Yuqi your ideas and she thinks it's good. She pushes you to get a warm, relaxing shower to help make you feel better. You do just that and also pick a new outfit.

You slowly make your way to your art class when you get a text from Hyunjin. It reads:

Hey. I saw you running earlier. Wanna talk about it in class?

You sigh, knowing you should explain it to him. So you text back:

Yeah. As long as you don't laugh at me.

He replies with:

I would never....unless it's really funny.

You roll your eyes and put your phone away. At least it's your favorite class.

You enter the classroom, and upon seeing you, Hyunjin gets up and walks over to you. Your eyes fog up again as you pull him into a hug. He quickly puts his arms around you, knowing you need this hug. You keep the tears in as you pull away. He takes you back to his seat and sits you down next to him. He gives you a comforting look that says, 'start when you're ready' and you do. 

You tell him everything, and he says, "That's great news! Well...not the whole situation, but you found him! I'm sure you can work things out. I bet he will understand as long as you explain it to him. Soulmates aren't little high school relationships, they are so much deeper than that. I know he will understand." He finishes. You never mentioned that he is one of seven.