Chapter 23

Namjoon POV:

Finally, several hours of a boring study session have passed. I've been nothing but impatient at the thought of returning to our new home.

Kindly, I say goodbye to my classmates, pack up my materials, and head to my car. A warm smile finds its way to my face, unknowingly. I send a quick text to our group chat, telling them that I will be home within fifteen minutes. I receive a few responses that warm my heart.

As I exit my car, I unlock the front door and greet three of my soulmates. It was almost time for dinner, but the others still weren't home. Calling for Taehyung, I place my things down.

"What's up? How was your studying?" He asks, pulling me into a hug. I smile fondly at him.

"It went well. Where are the others? Are they still out?" He pulls away and shrugs, making his way to the kitchen.

"They must be. I haven't gotten a text from any of them, so I'm assuming they're still out. We should make them dinner so they don't have to work harder." He suggests, pulling utensils out of the drawers. A weird feeling crawls up my back, but I shrug it off.

"That's a good idea. What should we make?" I ask, unsure of everyone's preferences.

"We could always make a bunch of things and then save the leftovers." He points out. I nod as we begin working.

After almost an hour, the food is done and ready for consumption. Jin would be so proud.

I call upstairs for Hobi and Yoongi, and they meander their way into the dining room. The plates are neatly placed around the new table, and glass cups rest behind the left corner of each one.

We get ourselves food as slowly as possible, wanting to wait for our other half, but they still do not show. I send individual texts to each of the four, hoping for the best.

My nerves must be getting the best of me because Yoongi reaches his hand across the table and holds mine in his own. I shake my head while looking down.

"I'm sure they're fine." He says in an attempt to comfort me. Though, it does not help because his eyes hold the same worry as my own.

I do not know their half of our soulmate group as much as I know my half, but I can tell that he cares for Y/N and Jungkook like how I care for Jin and Jimin. Of course, it's not that I don't care for them equally, but I am much more familiar with my half that I've known longer.

I seem to be the only one who is really nervous, so it may just be my unreasonable thoughts.

Yoongi POV:

Let it be known that I am absolutely terrified. Ever since I noticed that the house was still empty after lunch, I've been a nervous wreck. If they were just out having fun, I think they would have texted by now, but they haven't.

The dinner table captured our strange silence like a venus fly trap catches flies. Though, we could not seem to find anything to say.

I attempted to calm Namjoon's nerves, but I think he saw right through me. Stupid soulmate bond. I'm not one to show emotions regularly, but now, I really want to hide my nerves for the sake of the others.

We would have answers sooner or later. However, good or bad news may vary.

Jimin POV:

My head pounds heavily as my eyes slowly squint open. Whoever captured me did not seem to go easy on me, but they went harder on Jungkook.

Now, though, I am alone. Just as I assume the others to be. I'm not sure how long I was out for, but it didn't feel like long. My mind wanders to my other stolen soulmates.