●Mid-life Crisis & Enemies●

Prompt- Wednesday gives Enid advice, Enid does what Wednesday says. Kinda.

-Wednesdays POV-

As of right now, I had just finished my writing for the day when Enid walks in with her phone in her hands, illuminating her face.

"Hey, Weds? I have a question." Enid asks as she puts her phone away. "I have an answer." I say, standing up from my desk and walking up to her, both of us are still on our sides of the room. Enid giggles a little, a ghost of a smile on my face.

"Okay, so, how do I deal with enemies?" Enid asks, rocking on the heels of her feet. I squint my eyes at the blonde, "You, Enid Sinclair, the girl who will literally go out of her way to be nice to everyone, had enemies, plural?" I ask, my hands crossed behind me, Enid nods her head.

"Yeah, I mean, well, I think." Enid's face scrunched slightly. "Who?" My face and voice dropped to a more serious tone.

"No. I want to deal with them myself to show I don't need you to protect me at all costs and I can deal with my own problems." Enid elaborates, I nod. "So, why did you come to me?" I ask, walking further on my side of the room and leaned back on my desk.

"Well, I just want some advice on what to do about them." Enid asks, hands clasped together in front of her as she walks over to me until she's stood in front of me. "Kill them." I say bluntly, crossing my arms I'm feomt of my chest, looking up at her. Enid's face cringed a little.

"That's a bit extreme, I was hoping for a more passive solution." Enid suggests, waving her hands a little. "Kill them only a little then." I shrug, shaking my head lightly.

"Yeah, okay, only little. Okay, I I gotta go." She says quickly and kisses my head before dashing out the room, not before taking my jacket that was at the bottom of bed and putting it on. I sigh and wipe my head where she kissed.

I hear aggressive taps on my desk and look down at Thing who signs up at me. 'What are you thinking' He signs. "What do you mean?" I shrug and sit down on my chair.

'She's going to do exactly what you said' he signs. I roll my eyes and lean back in my chair, "Thing, we are talking about Enid Sinclair, she couldn't be able to hurt a fly without breaking into tears." I brush it off and pull out my book.

-10 minutes later-

The door slams open as someone falls through the frame, I quickly turn around in my chair to see Enid scrambling from the floor and pressing her body against the door and locking it before sliding down to the floor, her breath was heavy, her hair a mess, cheeks red like she had been running.

"Enid, what did you do?" I ask getting up from my chair and quickly making my way over to her, Thing on my shoulder. "Nobody died!" She yells, panic in her eyes. 'What kind of answer is that' Thing aggressively signs.

"Yes, Things right, that isn't a sane answer to the question 'what did you do?'" I say, I bend down and wrap my arms beneath her and pull her up with all the strength I had, the height difference didn't help. Enid falls slightly but I hold onto her tighter as I lead her to my bed which was the closest. I let go of her and she fell back onto my pillow. She turned to where she layed face down, her face stuffed into my pillow.

I sighed and sat down next to her, I slid my hand under her shirt and onto her lower back. I smile slightly as she cringed at my cold hands.

"What happened?" I ask, letting my voice drop to a softer tone. She let's out a frustrated sigh and sits up. Our bodies are close as my hand still rests on the bottom of her back. "I did kind of what you said." She says, tears running down her face.

"What? Why would you ever listen to me in this context?" I ask, raising my free hand and wiping her tears from her cheeks and resting my hand there. "Because I thought it would work to get them away." Enid cries and falls forward her head on my chest as she wraps her arms around my waist, bunching my shirt in her hands.

"What did you do?" I ask, running my hand through her hair, I cringe slightly as I feel my shirt get wet from Enid's tears, but I keep quiet. "I was only going to threaten them to stay away, but... but someone bumped into me, and I fell into a book shelf which fell over then hit other book shelves, which then they all knocked over, looking like dominos." She says through sobs.

"Did anyone get hurt?" I ask, thinking that's why Enid was crying. "No," Enid shakes her head in my chest. No? Then why was she crying? As if she read my mind she says, "I just feel bad for the people that have to clean all the books." She had stopped crying now.

"I think I'm having a mid-life Crisis." She says, lifting her head to look at me. "Enid, you're fifteen years old." I state. "I could die at thirty!" Enid almost yells, she was crying again.

She falls back on my bed, pulling me down with her. I readjust myself to lay down on my back and Enid pulls me closer, arms around my waist, one of her legs over my hips. I wrap one arm around her head and the other rests over her arms.

"It's.... It's okay, Enid. I'm sure the cleaners are thrilled that all the books had fallen... gives them something to do, and it keeps their jobs alive," I shrug, I was met by light snores instead of an answer. I sigh, "Good talk." I whisper, patting her head.

Anyone else cry when they feel bad?
I do.

-Eel