◇Therapy Panic◇

Requested by

sadesinksimp

Prompt- Wednesday has a panic attack before therapy

-No One's POV-

Today, Wednesday had her therapy lesson. It had been two months since the Crackstone attack. All day Wednesday had been dreading her session, she had a new therapist. But it didn't matter. They would never understand what she has gone through.

Enid had been as helpful as she could, but Wednesday just dismissed her and muttered, 'I can take care of myself' or 'I don't need help'. She was very stubborn. But also very good at hiding her feelings. Especially her anxiety and fear of talking about what she and her friends have gone through.

Wednesday was sat on her bed, tying her shoe laces. She had just finished tightening the strings when she felt her heart rate begin to quicken and her palms sweat profusely. She wiped her hands on her trousers but it didn't help. She began to feel uncomfortable, like her clothes were scratching at her skin. She quickly pulled her blazer off when it became uncomfortably warm. She felt like her heartbeat was in her throat as she put her hands on the edge of the bed to stabilise herself as she leant forward.

She had a hunch of what was happening. She was having a panic attack. She had seen Enid in this state when she had to calm the werewolf down. She used the techniques she would use for her girlfriend, but they didn't work.

She was shaking and sweating uncontrollably, her heart racing a thousand times a minute. She quickly yanked her tie off, undoing the top button as her breathing was constricted, and she was unable to focus on anything. She felt completely on edge, her mind filled with dread and fear.

Thing quickly jumped on the bed, wondering what had awoken him from his nap. He was about to have his tantrum of the day, but the sight of Wednesday stopped in. Her hands were shaking vigorously, tears escaped her shut eyes, her face was flushed, her body having damp spots as she sweat. Thing had never seen Wednesday act like this before.

He quickly scrambled off the bed and ran out the widow. He couldn't open the door.

Wednesday tries to stand, but her legs give away, stopping her from walking to her desk. She crumpled to the floor. She backed up against the wall and curled herself into a ball, waiting for it to pass. But it only got worse as she got flashbacks of the night.

That's when Enid arrived, Thing in front as he sprinted as fast as his fingers would take him towards a suffering Wednesday. Enid was sitting with her friends when Thing frantically signed to Enid that Wednesday needed help. Enid dismissed it at first, knowing Wednesday didn't want her help, but immediately made her way to the dorm when Thing told her what Wednesday looked like.

Enid walked in behind Thing and saw Wednesday curled up against their wall. Enid knew exactly what was going on-Enid suffers from panic attacks herself, so she recognized the symptoms. She had never seen Wednesday this vulnerable ever.

"Wednesday?" Enid softly called as she slowly approached Wednesday and knelt over her curled form, her voice gentle and calming. "Hey, its okay. You're safe." Enid whispers, gently putting her hand on Wednesday's shoulder. She pulled back when Wednesday flinched. She tried again even softer, gently rubbing when she didn't flinch. "It's going to be okay, Weds. Trust me it's going to be okay." Enid whispered, gently pulling Wednesday forward into her chest. She felt Wednesday hands grip onto her blazer. Enid talked to her quietly, never pushing or prodding her in any way, holding Wednesday's head and hugging her back.

Gradually, Wednesday started to relax. Her breathing slowed and her tense muscles loosened up. She took a big intake of Enids scent; coconut and her Beyoncé perfume. Eventually, she slightly pulled back and she was able to open her eyes and look up into Enid's kind face.

Enid frowned at the sight of her girlfriends face. Her skin was flushed, tears stains down her cheeks, her eyes still had tears in them, her bangs were also a mess. Enid gave her a warm and understanding smile. She brushed Wednesday bangs to get them back the way Wednesday likes them.

"You want to talk about it?" Enid softly asked, letting her hand gently drag down the side of Wednesday's face and rest on her cheek. Wednesday shook her head and leaned back into Enid, Enid muttered a quiet 'okay' and leaned back against the wall, holding Wednesday close.

Bonus Scene

"Alright, Wednesday, take a seat and we will- who's this?" The therapist asked as Enid walked in behind Wednesday.

"That's Enid. My emotional support dog." Wednesday said as she sat on the chair opposite the therapist. Enid sat at the back of the room to not disturb the session. "Ah, okay." The therapist muttered to himself as he looked down at his clipboard questioning his choices in life.

My chapters are feeling rushed

May or may not have used personal experience in this - what? Who said that?

Kay, byeeee

-Eel