■Violence Isn't the Answer ■

Prompt- Enid is scared of spiders, but hates violence

-Wednesdays POV-

I was walking through the halls of Nevermore, I just came back from my walk in the woods. I needed to clear my mind, this case has taken a toll on me. Multiple murders had occurred in this town, and I still haven't found out why.

I sigh and go to open up mine and my girlfriends dorm room, but before I could touch the handle someone swings open the door and runs out with a scream. They crash into me and we both go crashing down to the floor, the door slamming behind them.

It wasn't hard for me to tell it was Enid, but it was a little hard for me to breathe as she had fallen onto of me and wrapped her legs and arms around me tightly. I waited a few seconds before sticking my fingers into her sides. She squeals and rolls off of me.

I sit up straight and look over at Enid, I notice some flaws in her appearance that would make her less approachable by others. Her hair and clothes were a mess.

"Who did this to you?" I quickly ask as I sit up on my knees beside her. She had me worried, my mind instantly went to the worst of situations. "Ther- There's a-a-" She struggles to get out as her breathing fast and heavy.

"Spit it out, Sinclair." I say as I grab her shoulders, needing to get to the bottom of her actions. "A spider." Enid whispers and hides her face in my chest. My worries drop and I let my hands fall to my sides.

"Jesus, Enid, I thought someone did this to you." I sigh and get up. "Wait, what are you doing?" Enid quickly asks as she stands up and grabs my arm. "I'm going to get rid of the spider." I say and take my arm from her.

"No, don't kill it!" Enid quickly shouts and grabs me from behind. Okay, now I'm confused. "What- Enid I thought you didn't like spiders." I say as I get out of her grip.

"Yes, but you have to treat the spider how you want to be treated." Enid says, I take a second to think how I would like to be treated. "Killed without hesitation." I say seriously.

"No, Wednesday. Violence is never the answer." Enid says as she grabs my shoulders and shakes me lightly. I avert my eyes to the floor. "You're right." I say as my eyes squint, I hear Enid sigh in relief.

"Violence is the question." I continue and look up at the door. "What?" Enid asks confused. "And the answer is yes." I say and kick the door open. "Weds, no-!"

Nice short one.

-Eel