♧Super Duper Good News ♧

Prompt- Wednesday is finally allowed to leave the hospital and chooses where she has to recover.

Part 2 of 'Control'

-Wednesday's POV-

"Wednesday!" A voice calls as the door bursts open. My eyes look over to see Pugsley, Mother, Father and Thing, who stood on Fathers shoulder. Enid quickly stood up and brushed off her jacket- wait, that's my jacket, how did I not notice?

"Oh , it's a miracle." Mother exclaims, a hand over her mouth and a few stray tears on her cheeks, Father had a small smile on his face as his mouth was agape. Pugsley was crying lightly, also a small smile on his face. Still in shock, Pugsley ran over and hugged me. Gross. But I can barely feel it so I guess it's okay.

"I thought you died." Pugsley says, pulling back and standing next to the bed. "I know, I'm disappointed too." I say, Enid slaps my shoulder lightly.

"Enid," Mother spoke up, Enid quickly looks towards her, slightly intimidated, "Has the doctor said when she will be able to leave this hospital?" Mother asks.

"Not yet, ma'am," Enid politely says as she shakes her head, "They said they wanted to do more, um, tests on Wednesday to have a rough time stamp on how long she will be paralysed for." Enid explains what the doctor had said.

"Don't worry, my little rain cloud," Father spoke up next, "Who ever did this, we are going to visit them for a "chat"." Father smiles menacingly as he puts quotation marks on the word chat. Wait, they don't know who did this? I look over at Enid to see her looking down and taking a gulp of fear before she straightened her shoulders and cleared her throat.

"I-I'm gonna take a walk." She says, her voice cracking slightly as she begins to walk away. "Enid. Stop," Enid obeys my words and walks back to where she was stood, head down, hands on top of each other in front of her. "Enid, tell them." I tell her, she looks at me, eyes wide, mouth opening and closing, kind of like a fish. I raise me eyebrows expectantly.

"Enid, what is it?" Mother asks. Enid looks back at my family before averting her eyes to the ground. "It was me." Enid mumbles, voice barely above a whisper. I look over to my family to see their surprised faces, mouths agape, eyes wide. Silence took over the room until Father breaks it.

"Enid, why didn't you tell us? We would have helped you through this time." Father says and walks over to Enid, pulling her into a hug. Huh, did not expect that. "Wait, you guys aren't gonna, like, put me in a coma or something like that?" Enid asks, confused as Father continues to hug her, her arms were pinned at her sides.

"Well... everyone makes mistakes, Enid," Mother tells her, smiling slightly. Enid nods and smiles slightly. Enid goes to step forward but Father still has his arms around her, "Gomez, sweetie, let the poor girl go." Mother tells him. He lets go and clears his throat as he walks back over to Mother. "My apologies." Father apologises.

-One week later-
-Wednesday's POV-

I was still in the hospital. This very, very boring hospital. If I could, I would have already left, but, obviously, there are inconveniences that stop me, like Enid, she doesn't let me even try and lift a finger, literally. Oh, and, I'm still paralysed so I guess that's a problem.

So far, I am able to move my head and my arms up to my elbows, the feeling in my feet are beginning to come back. As of right now, I am sat up on my hospital bed. My family and Enid got told to talk to the doctor about something.

Not even a minute later, Enid runs through the door. "Weds, Weds, Weds!" Enid exclaims excitedly as she skips over and grabs one of my hands with both of hers, I put my other hand over both of hers. "What, what, what?" I ask with the same excitement before letting my face and voice drop, I keep our hands in the same position, moving our hands to my stomach so I don't strain myself.

"Guess what?" Enid asks, a huge smile on her face. "No." I say lifting my face into a smile before dropping it again. "Well, I have some super duper good news, the doctors told us you can go home now!" She almost yells. My eyes widen, "Wow, that is some super duper good news." I say quietly and look forward.

"I know right!" Enid exclaims excitedly, jumping slightly, "There's just a choice you have to make." Enid says, stops jumping and sitting on the edge of the bed. "What's that?" I ask, turning my head back to Enid.

"You have to decide where you want to stay to recover. Your house or with me in our-" Enid explains but I cut her off. "You." I say immediately. Enid's eyes widen as she looks at Wednesday. "I- You sure?" She asks.

"Yes, I want to be with you. Besides I don't think our house is suitable for a wheelchair, with all the stairs and all that." I say, she squeals and lets go of my hands as she jumps up and punches the air. "Oh! I have to go tell your family." She says and runs out the room.

Now that I am alone, I let a small smile break out on my face.

This is kind of a filler chapter.
Just needed something to post.

-Eel