◇Hanahaki Disease◇

Prompt- Wednesday suffers from Hanahaki Disease.

Requested by
Zefaria_Reaper77

-No ones POV-

Wednesday was a girl who had a crush on a girl, but unfortunately that girl had a crush on a guy, leaving Wednesday alone. She felt a sense of betrayal and longing that she couldn't shake off. A few months later, she started to experience physical symptoms - coughing up flower petals and feeling chest pains. She had developed a severe case of Hanahaki disease.

Wednesday was sat in her and Enid's room, her at her desk as Enid laid on her own bed. Wednesday was in the middle of her writing time, when two arms wrapped around her.

"I'll see you later Wednesday." Enid chirps, before quickly letting go and leaving the dorm. Wednesday sat frozen from the contact, when Enid does this, she always feels like spiders are crawling around in her stomach.

She tries to shake it off and go back to writing but she stops as she feels something coming up her throat. She began to choke on whatever was in her throat. She put her hands together and started banging on her stomach. A few more hits to her stomach and she coughs out, spitting whatever was restricting her breathing.

Wednesday took deep breaths as she rested her head on her hands. She looks up to her desk to see... petals? Dark black petals. Wednesday stared confused as she lifted a hand to her mouth, using her fingers to grab a lone petal stuck to her lips.

Wednesday squinted her eyes at the black petal. She looks behind her at Enid's desk, seeing her laptop sitting there. Wednesday thinks for a second before making her way towards the device. She sits in Enid's desk chair, grimacing at the colors. She grabs the laptop; she opens the screen and is met with a bright light. She squints her eyes and reaches forward, pressing the brightness down button. After adjusting to the light, she moves her sleeves out of the way. She looks at the screen, it needs a password.

"Hm, what would someone like Enid put as her password?" Wednesday says aloud. She tries something, 'StuffedAnimal'- password is incorrect. "Well, it was worth a try." Wednesday mutters, she looks at the screen before realizing something. "Wait." She mumbles, she types the password, 'Incorrect'.

The screen changes to Enid's home screen. "Of course." Wednesday rolls her eyes. Wednesday took a moment to find google, she didn't know what it looked like, so it took a minute.

She types into the search bar, 'what does one do when is suffering an illness where they cough up petals and almost die after person, they like hugs or touches them', Nothing comes up. (Let's pretend it doesn't come up with anything for comedy reasons.) Wednesday sighs and types in the search bar again, 'Coughing petals, what do'

'Hanahaki Disease', Wednesdays eyebrows furrow as she clicked on 'definition'

'Which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or if victim confesses their feelings, or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.'