𝐯. boat in the marsh

"to see the lights
all faded, and that
heaven is over
rated."

WALKING INSIDE THE HOUSE, Red was still cautious about how loud she was being, considering Kevin was still in the house, and he could bark, awakening nearby neighbors with his little bark.

The time was now 1:45, and Red didn't want to waste time standing around when she could be getting some sleep, and a shower.

She grabbed some clothes from her room and pulled the curtain open to the shower, getting in.

Some people say that when you're in the shower, you do the most thinking, but the only thing Red was thinking about was going to bed and getting some much-needed rest.

With everything happening, from John B's dad, possibly being alive, to JJ almost killing Topper, To say it was a lot would be an understatement in Red's eyes.

Not a thought in her head, Red climbed into bed and slept some good rest, aware that the next morning would be spent on her father's boat looking for Scooter Grobes's Grady White boat, as his body had been discovered earlier that day.

The next morning, Red was awakened by a knock on her door, revealing her father in his pajamas.

"Wake up, Princess." He threw a pillow at the sleeping girl. "We're leaving at 1:30, sharp."

Red turned over and pulled her blue sheets over her head with a groan.

The Deputy walked further into her room, opening the curtains, the sun shining through.

Red groaned again, "Stoppp."

"Long night?" He asked, concern growing.

"Not at all, Victor." Red teased.

"Don't call me Victor, I'm your father."

"I know." Red smiled. "Hey, Is it okay if I go over to Kiara- my friend's house until we have to go?"

Victor thought for a minute, "I don't know this Kiara girl. And I don't feel comfortable letting you roam free after I thought you died in a hurricane 24 hours ago. So no."