𝐱𝐥𝐢. eleanor

So don’t be sad when
I’ll be gone.

RED WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING in a relatively okay mood. She didn’t really want to go to the party. She wanted to stay in the Outer Banks, celebrating her arrival with her friends, not a bunch of randos she hadn’t seen since birth.

Then again, she didn’t really want to be around Kie and JJ. She was still very hurt by what happened but didn’t show it for them to find out. When the time was right, she’d tell JJ what she saw and he’d have a perfectly good explanation. Or, that’s what Red kept telling herself to avoid a mental breakdown.

But that was what today was for. Red planned to head over to The Chateau, hopefully, talk to the pogues for a bit, then pull JJ aside and ask him what the hell was going on. Then, of course, she had to go to the stupid party.

Shoupe wasn’t particularly thrilled to hear that Red was leaving to see the pogues once again, but just as long as she was back in time, it wasn’t that big of a deal to him.

Red pulled into the dirt area of the Chateau, already getting a glimpse of the pogues gathered out in the shed. John B was missing from the group, probably doing something with his dad.

She walked up to the shed, whistling sharply to make her presence known to the pogues, who turned their heads towards her.

“There she is.” Pope whooped, calling Red over to the empty seat beside where he was sitting, to which Red happily occupied. 

“I was just catching them up on yesterday,” Sarah explained. “So basically I heard Rafe talking to Ward over the phone and he kept on saying, ‘This is my thing’ and we think he was talking about the cross.”

“Totally.” Red agreed, ready to bring some things Rafe had told her to the table. “I asked where the cross was and he didn’t really answer me. But apparently, he was taking care of Ward in Guadeloupe, which is where I’d assume the cross is.”