𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. bye bye birdie

"can you imagine
no love, pride, deep
fried chicken?"

THE NEXT MORNING, Red woke up still cradled next to JJ in the bed as she had probably fallen asleep before she could return to the pull-out.

Because of her movements and stretching, JJ was woken up by the loud and rather springy bed. JJ groaned, rolling to his other side and mumbling something Red couldn't understand.

Red laid the back of her hand onto JJ's head, which was hot, as expected. She was sure he was going to be hung over, but he looked better than he did the night before.

The girl whisked a hair out of his eyes and gently kissed his forehead before exiting the room where she was met by Pope and Kie.

"Hey." Red greeted, giving Kie a side hug and sitting on the couch.

"How's he doing?" Pope asked, peeking through the small crack Red had left when closing the door.

Red sighed, "Hung over. As expected, but I think better than last night."

"So... are you guys good now?" 

"I don't really know," Red told, fiddling with the bracelet tied around her wrist. "He's been through a lot already. I don't think begging for an apology is the way to go right now."

"Good point." Kie smiled, opening John B's fridge, which was now full of spoiled foods, "You know he didn't mean it, right?"

"I know."

A few minutes later, after JJ was awake, the teens were testing supplies that were going to be used to equip the gold later that night. Kie was in a large bucket hanging down from a tree, Pope was across from her, and JJ and Red sitting on the edge of the hot tub with their feet dangling in.

"How's it feeling?" Asked Pope, watching as Kie pulled the rope to see how sturdy it was.

"Feels good," Kie responded.