𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢. romantic homicide

"theres just one thing
I hope you know,
I loved you so."

RED BARELY SLEPT THAT NIGHT. It was like all her thoughts collectively bottled up in her mind and she couldn’t shake it off. First JJ and Kie, now her family? It only took one day for everything to come crashing down on her.

Although it was rather hard to bring herself out of bed, Red eventually got up and brought herself to get ready and head over to the Chateau, hoping to talk to JJ even though she didn’t want to.

The pogues, including Big John, gathered in the back of the Chateau, everyone welcoming Big John, Bennie, and John B back home from searching for El Dorado. Sarah has explained to Red that what had happened last night was a complete and total failure, and it got them nowhere. Now all she needed to know was what was up with El Dorado.

“Yeah, yeah, so we um… we went to the archives in Charleston, and, uh…” John B spoke, sitting in the middle of everyone in the backyard and filling them in on what has happened with the three of them. “It-It was a dead end.” John B clenched his jaw. “A dry hole… so.”

“So that’s the gold, the cross, and now El Dorado. We’re three-for-three, guys.” Pope listed, throwing a rock into the distance out of anger. He was right. They’d gone three mysteries, risking their lives, and always coming out with nothing. “The streak continues.”

Red scoffed, trying to hide how hurt she was that they’d lost yet again. “This is pathetic.”

“It’s okay, Red. You just have to trust the process.” Kie replied. Red whipped her head in Kie’s direction, giving her a spiteful look. “What’s with the dirty looks, Red? You’ve been acting so weird since we got home from Poguelandia.”

“You wanna know why I’m acting weird?” Red shouted, finally snapping at Kie. She was fed up with her acting so innocent and trying to make her feel like a bad guy. “Maybe it’s because you’ve been sneaking around behind my back for who knows how long now.”