𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. trouble in paradise

you’ll be the saddest
part of me, the part

of me that’ll never
be mine.

TO SAY THAT THE LAST MONTH had its ups and downs might have been an understatement in the eyes of Red Shoupe.

In fact, it was the biggest emotional roller-coaster Red had ever had to face. From picking coconuts, to fishing for food, and even crafting, it was fair to say that she definitely had to adapt to new environments. 

She knew the basics. If you count knowing how to rub two rocks together to start a fire as basic survival skills. She’d definitely learned more than she had come with, but Red still couldn’t help but feel like dead weight when it came to her place within the pogues.

Constant treasure hunts left little to no time to hang out without being in danger of Ward or Rafe Cameron. Something was always there.

But that was what a month on a deserted island was for. A whole month to learn more about eachother. Red couldn’t say she didn’t enjoy it, even in the harder moments.

When it came to JJ? Red would almost laugh about how lucky she was to have him. Until it wasn’t funny anymore. The first two weeks were pure paradise between the two of them. Couple stuff, spending every second of every day together. How could things get any better?

Red Shoupe came to learn that when life feels like it can’t get better, it’s because it can’t. It can only stay the same if you're lucky. But for most, it usually just gets worse.

When they were alone, everything was close to heaven. It was only when Kie came around that every word she and JJ exchanged felt like burns to Red’s skin. Red knew Kie didn’t mean to, or at least she hoped she didn’t.

It was just that JJ treated Kie different. Not bad different, but not good. JJ would treat Red like a princess, but Red felt like nothing when she saw JJ steal glances at Kie.