𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. ditto

"And did you miss
me while you were looking
for yourself our there?"

"SO, JOHN B SAID IT LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THIS." Red explained the next day, sitting in the twinkie with Sarah and Kie, holding a sketch Pope had done inspired by John B’s visual of the well he had been in the previous day. “That’s 50 feet down, and they’re using a 100-foot rope.” Red’s finger trailed the sketch, moving down on the piece of paper.

“So I guess little wagon will go-” Kie started, before being laughed at by Sarah and Red because of her choice of words. “...Straight to the gold.”

“Who drew this?” Sarah snickered.

“Who do you think?” Asked Kie, the three girls turning to face where John B and Pope were talking.

Pope had been staring at the van, most specifically Kie before John B had said something for him to look back to what he was doing before staring at Kie.

“Kie, this better work.” JJ’s voice interrupted as he dropped three bars of gold in front of them. “We can’t pawn this if there’s a giant wheat symbol on it.

Red chuckled, walking away from Kie and Sarah to stand beside JJ and resting her chin on his shoulder while gently rubbing his arm.

Kie picked up the blue blow torch sitting beside her and pressed the trigger, a flame popping up from the top of it. “It’s gonna work.”

Red chuckled, watching as the teens spent about 20 minutes melting the gold down before JJ approached her, sitting next to the blonde on the bench she was comfortably seated at.

“Hello there.” Red greeted, letting JJ wrap an arm around her shoulder. 

“Today is gonna be a blast.” A sarcastic smile appeared on JJ’s face, making Red chuckle.

“We’re going to the pawn shop, right?”

JJ nodded, “Yeah.”

Soon, the teens would leave, approaching the crapping pawn shop on the side of the road.