𝐱𝐯𝐢. mr. flower pot

"was it everything
you wanted to find?"

THAT NIGHT, THE SEVEN TEENS SAT in the twinkie, counting supplies that they would need in order to hopefully find the gold they all longed for in the basement of Mrs. Crain.

Red sat in the back crammed in between Kie and Pope as she checked things off of her checklist on her lap.

“You got rope?” Asked John B from the front seat of the Twinkie, still paying close attention to the road.

Red looked over at JJ who held up the rope secured in his hand, “Roger.” He smiled. “Grappling hook?”

“Sadly, we're not batman.” Bennie sighed with a grin. “Or… batwoman. Bat people? I don’t know… I’m not good at geometry.”

“Okay…” Pope sighed at the girl's stupidity. 

“I wish we were batman.” JJ voiced.

“Pulley?” Checked Pope, pointing at the checklist resting on the girl beside him’s lap.

“Check,” Kie replied.

“Dark clothes?” Asked John B again.

“Dark clothes…” Red looked around the twinkie to find her friends mostly dressed in black. Bennie had been wearing the same black appearance as when they snuck into the graveyard days prior. “And style. Double check.”

“Okay, what about flashlights?”

Bennie grinned, pulling her backpack closer to her, “On it.” She opened the backpack resulting in dozens of flashlights spilling out, gaining quite a reaction from the others in the car.

“Why do you have so many flashlights?” Questioned Kie, also finding the matter funny.

“Honestly… I don’t know. Ask Top.”

John B parked the packed twinkie as best as he could before getting out and blocking the open door Red was about to climb out of.

“Alright good.” He clapped, getting in the way of the girl. “Wait, wait, wait. I want to say thank you, guys. Seriously… it means a lot that you’re all here tonight.”