𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. triviago

It’s obvious, tonight
is gonna be the
loneliest.

EVIDENTLY, NO ONE BROUGHT A CLOCK to the island the pogues called Poguelandia. But Red didn’t even need to examine the position of the sun to know that it was early in the morning.

There was a slight breeze in the ocean air that breezed through Red’s sunkissed hair as she sat up, rubbing her eyes and looking around at her friends, still asleep in the spots they had claimed almost a month before.

Except for Bennie, of course. If you’d ever met the 13-year-old, you’d definitely think she’d sleep in until at least 12:30 or even 1:00 in the afternoon, but Bennie could wake up at the asscrack of dawn and still have energy.

When Red awoke, Bennie’s hazel eyes immediately widened in excitement, and she nearly ran over to Red, happy to see someone beside her awake. It was a classic Bennie Thornton reaction. After all, she was still a kid, and she was definitely the most optimistic person out of the pogues.

“Red! Come on, I wanna show you something real quick.” Bennie chattered, attempting to keep her voice down so she wouldn’t wake anyone else up, which was unusual considering her small but loud voice. “I think you’ll wanna see it.”

Red chuckled quietly, slipping away from JJ’s arms and patting herself off as she stood up from her position on the sand, and followed Bennie wherever she needed her to go.

Bennie knew Poguelandia like the back of her hand by now. Really, they all did, but especially Bennie. She’d walk up, down, sideways, and vertically around the island, always in the mood to find something. She didn’t quite know what she was searching for, but she didn’t stop.

Eventually after long hours of her wandering, a new idea for something to ‘invent’ would pop its way into her mind. Then, she’d search for material. It wouldn’t be less than a few days before Bennie would come to the pogues with a brand new toy for one of them to eventually break.