𝐱𝐱𝐱. luke

"Didn't want to wake

up unless you were

beside me."

JOHN ME QUICKLY PUT THE VAN into the ignition, pulling out of the Cameron driveway and heading over towards where the tree would have been according to the paintings in the island room.

"Guys, We're coming up on Freedman's church." Pope inquired. Red perked up from the deck of cards she had been shuffling for fun and to the window where an old, broken church had been. As expected, Denmark was spot on when it came to details of the church, because the drawing and the building itself were parallel. "That's the church Denmark built for all the slaves he freed."

Red smiled brightly at Pope's words. She glared out the window, taking in a peaceful moment like the one she was living in. JJ admired her from her side, beyond grateful that he had gotten her back again. He just couldn't shake the amazing feeling of having Red Shoupe be his again. Only his. Nobody else, because all she wanted was him, nobody else.

JJ chuckled, wrapping his arm around her and intertwining their fingers together while she still stared at the scenery, a soft smile never falling off of her face.

"There it is," Kie called, leaning forward in her chair as they neared where they needed to be. "Angel oak."

John B lightly hit his steering wheel, Red didn't know how he could see out of the cracked windshield, but what he could see was that the tide was already coming in. "The tides coming in." He explained, slowing the Twinkie down as they got closer. "Um..."

"Hey, wait for a second, look." Pope pointed to the tire marks that had been embedded into the ground because somebody else had already come through. "Those have to be Limbrey's tire tracks. Guys, we gotta go."