𝐱𝐱𝐯. run boy, run

"Oh, I'm falling to deep.

Without you, I can't

sleep."

"OKAY, SOMEONE NEEDS to get firewood, someone needs to find something to eat- watermelon or something, and whoever's left needs to stay here and wait for Sarah, okay?" John B concluded, standing up from his spot on the ground.

"I can go get firewood." Kie volunteered.

"I'll go with her." JJ agreed, to Red's visible dismay.

"Uh... I'll go find something to eat." Red stood up, brushing herself off. "John B, wanna come?" She asked, earning a nod from the boy adjacent to her.

JJ looked at her with the same expression Red had just done to him. A mixture of unnecessary jealousy and confusion. In Red's mind, a little jealousy is just an easier way to match someone's puzzling ways of affection.

"Great, I get to play babysitter." Pope groaned, Bennie, pretending to be shot in the heart at his comment.

"If anything I'm babysitting. Now I have to sit here and listen to you whine about your merit scholarship." Bennie matched. "In fact, my understanding is 70% of the time that's what you talk about. The other 30% is just lecturing us."

"Oh- Really?!"

"Alright, you kids have fun." Kie crossed her arms, walking in the opposite direction that John B and Red.

"So, how you likin' the pogue life so far, Red? Catch me up." John B started, walking further into the wooded area of the marsh with the blonde. "What does Shoupe think?"

"Uh... He doesn't actually." Red responded, letting out a sarcastic chuckle at the sore subject. "I left home a couple of days ago. After Gavin got shot he didn't believe me or do anything so I kinda just... left. I hope you don't mind a temporary roommate at the chateau."